At Zendesk, we geek out about building software that delivers the ultimate customer experience. Your favorite brands (like AirBnb, Uber, Slack, and OpenTable) use our products to engage you as a customer, and we lead the industry with beautifully simple software. Were constantly innovating – no really, we cant wait to outdo ourselves in the near future!
What youll do
As part of the Foundation Secure team, youll bring your devops knowledge and software engineering skill set into the sophisticated, dynamic and exciting world of cloud security engineering. Our team touches every aspect of Zendesks cloud presence in Amazon Web Services. This is a very exciting position where youll be able to see an immediate impact to your contributions, work alongside a dedicated and caring team, and live on the cutting edge of cloud security.
Proactive engineering is our emphasis. Your prime directive is to build and govern secure cloud environments, empower other engineers to build awesome products, and create tools that provide the data for our reactive Security teams to address threats in Zendesks cloud environments.
What you get to work on:
- Building and maintaining the baseline governance and security standards for AWS infrastructure at Zendesk for all of our AWS accounts.
- Deploying, managing, and contributing to open source projects like Scoutsuite and Cloud Custodian that make our tasks easier, faster, and more reliable.
- Building self-service AWS tooling on Kubernetes that enables our engineering organization to safely deploy infrastructure with appropriate security guardrails.
- Promoting immutable infrastructure on AWS to the wider Zendesk Engineering organization to improve infrastructure reliability and security.
- Developing and maintaining Zendesks zero-trust SSH infrastructure that gives our infrastructure owners the power to easily manage access to their hosts.
- Working to streamline Identity and Access Management not only for AWS, but for applications around the Zendesk Engineering organization.
- Providing advice and guidance to engineering teams looking to deploy new AWS technologies and architectures on best practices and security models.
- Partnering with our Security organization to build the tools that provide them with the information to react to threats and misconfigurations in our infrastructure.
What you bring to the role:
- AWS cloud experience with governance experience preferred (Organizations, GuardDuty, Identity and Access Management, Lambda, Cloudtrail, etc).
- Experience with common AWS architectural patterns for web applications, data lakes, storage backends, and serverless applications.
- Devops experience solving operational problems with automation, scripting, and software development.
- Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code tools like Cloudformation and/or Terraform.
- Agile development experience.
- Proficiency in one of our primary programming languages: Go or Python.
- An analytical approach to problem-solving, you believe the best decisions are made when they are backed by data.
- Desire to learn new technologies and programming languages as our team and responsibilities evolve over time
- Excitement over a new project, use case, or problem to solve
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior DevSecOps Engineer- Foundation Secure (glassdoor.com)