Zendesk is looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to join our growing Edge Engineering team currently based in our Dublin office. The team is growing to a distributed model having work from home and remote options which is where you come in.
Zendesks Edge services are the bridge between the public internet and Zendesks infrastructure. Zendesk’s product suite will only be as reliable as our Edge services, and our teams challenge is to provide rock-solid services that our customers can rely upon and build on.
The Edge engineering team builds massively scalable microservices that are on the critical path for every request that hits Zendesk, provides impactful automation tools for all Zendesk engineers to interact with these services and maintains the internal and external (customer facing) DNS infrastructure that handles Zendesks most important production domains.
Your role will be to maintain and increase the reliability of this infrastructure, build services that will simplify and automate DNS configuration and build traffic management solutions to improve the availability of Zendesk’s products.
What you get to do every day
- Work collaboratively with a specialized team of experienced engineers.
- Ship and maintain your code to production and improve the experience of millions of Zendesk users.
- Use a best-in-class modern technology stack: AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Golang, etc
- Use DevOps best practices: we build it, we run it.
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years work experience as a DevOps/production engineer working on server-side solutions
- 2+ years work experience building and shipping server-side solutions in a continuous integration environment
- 2+ years work experience with network protocols, HTTP, TLS/SSL, load balancing etc.
- 2+ years work experience in support of distributed systems, with Linux internals and administration knowledge.
- Theoretical knowledge of DNS fundamentals
- Experience writing code in Golang
- Hands-on experience implementing and/or maintaining cloud based DNS services
- Experience working with container-based architectures: Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of caching solutions, CDN, etc.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior DevOps Engineer – Edge (Remote USA) (glassdoor.com)