This role doesn’t involve team management
Conducting transaction data analysis with Hadoop/Cloud and big data technologies for internal and external clients and stakeholders, and develop deeper insights into the products using advanced statistical methodsFinding opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build streamlined solutions for internal and external Visa clientsPerforming impact estimation of key strategic and marketing Visa activities using analytics techniquesPromoting usage of BI self-service tools in Moscow officeCreating user-friendly dashboards and presentationsBuilding predictive models using advanced machine learning techniques; interpret and present modeling and analytical results to non-technical audienceCollaborating with the Visa Consulting team and other requestors to fully understand
business requirements and desired business outcomes
Defining detailed analytic scope and methodology, and creating analytic planExecuting on the analytic plan with appropriate data mining and analytic techniquesPerforming QA on data and deliverables by analysts and own deliverablesEnsuring all project documentation is up to date and all projects are reviewed per analytic
Ensuring project delivery within timelinesBuilding on team’s analytical skills and business knowledgeEnhancing existing analytic techniques by promoting new methodology and best practices in analytics
Providing subject matter expertise and quality assurance of complex data driven analytic projects
- Proficiency with modeling software; experience with Python, Hadoop, Hive, Impala or similar instruments; Practical experience in building and applying machine learning models (regression, clustering, classification: gradient boosting, random forests, linear models, deep learning etc.); understanding in how do these algorithms work and end-to-end development skills from business understanding and data preparation to quality assurance of ML models
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical expertise in applying statistical solutions to business problems (experience in payments and/or consumer banking and/or commercial banking and/or FMCG retail and/or consulting and/or heavy industry.
- Strong in defining and designing analytic approaches to business problems, strong in decomposing heavy business problems into structured and time predictable analytical tasks;
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English (upper intermediate plus), Russian fluent speaker.
At least 2 out of 3
- Degree (masters or PhD would be an advantage) in quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, operational research, computer science, economics, or engineering or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated resource planning and delivery skills;
- Ensure the usage of the correct analytic measures and metrics to solve the business problem; statistical experiments set up and ability to calculate business impact.