We are building a top European data science team focused on urban mobility and are looking for exceptional people to join as one of the senior members of the team. You will work with great people to automate and optimize our data-driven decisions as well as enable the company to tap into data for product decisions. We partner with people from strong technology companies and computer science institutes.
Millions of rides a month, billions of coordinates, more than 30 countries, and a product loved by the customers. These would be the topics you get to immerse yourself, improve and optimize with high-end data science technologies. Bolt is literally changing how millions of people move.
Let’s build the future of transportation together!
What you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to solving the hardest problems in real-time, dynamic geospatial graphs and time-series
- Consistently produce and automate data analysis and modeling on massive data sets
- Enable the entire organization to continuously run and perform predictive experiments with a high-end technology platform
- Collaborate with business, engineering and operations to identify and deliver high impact improvements and optimizations
- Keep yourself updated with advances in the fields related to data science and transportation
- Industrial experience in data engineering and machine learning (5+ years recommended)
- Awareness of both business and technical aspects of data science
- Proactive mindset, willingness to take initiative and work with little supervision
- Production coding skills in Python and a good grasp of ML libraries and frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and superb work ethic
- Solid understanding of data science process, statistics, machine learning and use of quantitative methods in business setting background is a plus.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, statistics or related quantitative fields, or a Master’s degree with equivalent industry experience
- Comfortable in shaping open-ended topics into actionable plans and getting things done
- Mathematical fluency
- Great compensation – motivational base pay and company stock options
- No corporate BS – we’re moving too fast for that
- Amazing personal growth experience at one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe
- Working with a motivated and talented international team, plus regular team events
- Flexible working hours – as long as you get the work done
- Monthly Bolt credit for rides
- Impactful work – you’ll have a rare opportunity to build a product literally used by millions of people across the world
Our team is made up of thinkers, innovators and go-getters shaping the way millions of people move around the globe. We value passionate and down-to-earth people who are driven to get things done and find creative solutions to problems. We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the talent and skills of our team members and a lean approach to our work. Our headquarters are situated in Tallinn, Estonia and we have offices in 30+ countries around the world.
If interested, please apply at Senior Data Scientist (indeed.com)