At Zendesk, we are passionate about building software that delivers the ultimate customer experience. Your favorite brands (like AirBnb, Uber, Slack, and OpenTable) use our products to engage you as a customer, and we lead the industry with beautifully simple software. Were constantly innovating – no really, we cant wait to outdo ourselves in the near future!
What youll do
As a Cloud FinOps Analyst, youll dig deep into the complex, multifaceted and exciting world of public cloud finance, helping to provide more meaning and value to the critical data that supports our business. This is a highly rewarding position, where youll be able to see an immediate impact to your contributions.
What you get to work on:
- Evangelizing cloud cost management across many levels within the organization from executive leadership to individuals and teams. Help promote a culture of cost accountability and awareness.
- Digging deep into our detailed billing information and model that against usage to help calculate efficiency and forecast spend.
- Delivering the tooling and capabilities needed to enable our cloud financial management roadmap.
- Partnering with individual engineering teams to provide deeper meaning to cost and usage data
- Crafting detailed product level visibility that will help drive better business decisions and cost accountability.
- Establishing cloud optimization business process frameworks in support of our globally distributed teams.
- Working in sprints, break down work into meaningful items which drive improvements in our capabilities.
What you bring to the role:
- Public cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- Proven experience in Cloud Cost Management.
- Knowledge of Public Cloud offerings and consumption models.
- Experience with BI Tools (AWS Quicksight, Tableau, Datastudio)
- Agile development experience.
- A data-driven approach, you believe the best decisions are made when they are backed by data.
- Experience in applying data analytics/machine learning solutions to solve business problems, preferably analyzing cloud financial data (preferred)
- Effective communicator with ability to drive consensus among partners.
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving.
- Experience with 3rd party cloud cost optimization tools (CloudHealth, Cloudability, etc.)
- Experience with AWS billing and cost management tools and processes (preferred).
- Knowledge of AWS services, architectures, and tools (preferred).
We want to know how you will apply your unique skills and experiences to this role, and will consider various levels of experience and skills for this position. If all of this sounds like an ideal fit, we would like to hear more about you!
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Senior Data Analyst (Remote)- Cloud FinOps (glassdoor.com)