For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our accomplished people have expressed their passion for outstanding game feel, AAA audio-visual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout and Need for Speed series and in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to use data and insights from previous games and market research to shape Criterion’s future. You will be most successful in this role when you can merge statistical skills with game knowledge to create incredible player experiences while working as a part of a team of experts. If this sounds exciting to you then we should talk!
- You will report directly to the Analytics Manager located at Criterion’s Guildford office. The Studio Data and Insights (SDI) group at Electronic Arts is the heart of player, product and business analytics for our titles.
- Champion data informed game design by helping designers and producers make the right decisions around game design and business models.
- Help set smart goals and select informative performance indicators to better understand the challenges ahead of our games and our studio.
- Work together with all partner teams on strategic projects and contribute to the success of our future games.
- Transform complex data into easily digestible chunks of insight that are understandable for designers and executives alike.
- Evolve your career by staying on top of the industry trends, having access to the best tools and workflows, and guiding EA technology development.
- A Degree or Master’s Degree (preferred) in a numerate subject (Maths, Economics, Physics, Statistics etc)
- A passion for games and technology.
- Experience with relational databases (SQL) and big data solutions (i.e. Hadoop/Hive) is essential.
- Experience with a statistical toolkit (i.e. Python/Pandas, R, Spark,)
- Experience working in an agile environment – Sprints, Kanban is a strong plus.
- The ability to tell stories with data using data visualisation tools is essential, any experience with Looker.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
If interested, please apply at Senior Data Analyst (Criterion) [ea.com]