Job Title: Senior Computer Engineer ( IT-17 )
Job Location: Dubai
Job Industry: IT
Job Function: Technical
Preferred Nationalities: Any
Minimum Educational Qualification: Graduate of Computer Engineering
Relevant Years of Experience:: 2 Years
Posted Date: 07-12-2020
The Job holder is accountable to carry out installation, repair and servicing of computers and associated equipment.
- Site Engineer will be responsible to quickly response to Assigned Request that’s Required to attend physically the Site / or Multiple Sites and readiness to mobilize himself to be available for user using an efficient transportation method (Private CAR).
- Site Engineer is Consider Single point of contact & First Layer of support for business users (HW & Application) assigned to certain division / sites, where request should be fulfilled as per agreed SLA.
- Ensure communication for any request is performed in proper manner where any request should be communicated by phone at least where face to face communication is preferably.
- Responsible on Assigned Division IT Assets (Division IT Asset Custodian) , where site engineer have to ensure Service Desk Records Match with Actual physical inventory , where records are subject to audit from Central IT Shared Services.
- Ensure incident & Service request have comprehensive information by complete user request with right categorization and added as much as information with clear requirement what user is looking for and educate user how to request in proper manner (incident, Services etc..)
- Ensure All Activity are recorded in Service Desk (Worklog in Task, Request, Change, Problem, Project etc
- Contribute and assist on Project or Changes when required by Manager and ensure Tasks given are handled in proper manner
- Installation, Configuration & Upgradation of operating systems and software like MS Office, Acrobat, Winzip using standard business best practice
- Configuration of PC & user access for IT related to services like Oracle, VDI, Microsoft 365, POS, Oracle printer
- Installation, Maintenance & Troubleshooting of PC, Laptops, Tabs along with peripheral devices like Printers, Scanners, External drives, Handheld devices, Emails, Microsoft 365 email, One Drive, Microsoft Team installation, configuration & Maintenance for users
- Ensure Distribution server is installed as the site in proper way, where site engineer will do the needful if any support, troubleshooting needed on the server and report back if critical issue is there .
- Documentation must be keep updated in service Desk for related to site assets, internet users, office365 users, IP addresses, PC/Laptop brand/model, username, OS, PC/Laptop serial no., Switches, etc.
- User satisfaction – users incident must be resolved promptly either remotely or over Telephone or may have to visit the site if needed, where any user request must not solve without prior request submitted to service Desk.
- The site should not have downtime, the health of PC & Network must he kept healthy, in case of any link failure must co-ordinate & follow up with JAM IT Network Team till the problem is resolved.
- Need to have follow up with users or concerned for any approvals as call needs to be closed within stipulated time
- Initial troubleshooting checklist must be done by site engineer before transferring to others related to Application incident such as POS/Time Attendance issues & Major Operation incident such as Site Network Down
- the technical support have responsibility to follow up with network and keep Manager informed regarding Site Failure where network team are the main contact person for ISP.
- Assist installing Network Equipment on new Site and corporate to setup new site up to level installing network component. And ensure documentation are on place and recorded in service des
- any debate between different team (network, System Admin, Or Application) about resolution which side, the technical support should cooperate with team to keep follow up with all other team and ensure to mitigate users.
- Maintain & Secure Network Cabinet & ensure network cabinet is clean and report for network team for any observations.
- Site Engineer / Technical Support consider the First line of contact for user where have to ensure that’s his request has been fulfilled, and redirect user and instruct user how to access system, he has to check that’s users his request has been fulfilled, either the troubleshooting was done by other team.
- Collect Initial Requirements properly and coordinate with all IT Staff Related to request and update user accordingly, where Site Engineer will be responsible to follow up for any user request from same division through request full cycle.
- Site Engineer are subject to move between sites frequently where Site Engineer have to use his own Transportation methods and Sites/Request Assignment is changeable based on Management Decision.
- Supporting Other Computer Engineers and to be as L2 .
- Analyzing and providing solutions to enhance customer satisfaction .
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Assisting Other Teams in case of new project requested and in coordination with his Team Leader .
- Graduate of Computer Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Very Good Communication skills
- Very Good Computer skills (Troubleshooting , Data backup , excel ,word ..etc )
- Very Good Knowledge of office 365 products
- Very Good Knowledge of network troubleshooting and installation.
- Driving License is a must.
If interested, please apply at Senior Computer Engineer (indeed.com)