This is a great opportunity for hands-on Senior DevOps Engineers or Senior Infrastructure Cloud Engineers with proven experience in cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) to translate client business requirements into technical designs and implement cloud infrastructure solutions for distributed systems and applications for LSE Group.
As a Lead Cloud Engineer you will have spent time building shared capabilities in cloud, “Landing Zones” and have also spent some time architecting solutions, defining technical tasks and estimates required to implement a design, translating client business requirements into a technical design with little oversight. In addition, you will provide consultancy services on design and implementation for cloud migration or cloud native solutions. Paramount for the role is that you can design and implement automation pipelines for deployment into AWS (Azure and/ or Google would be a plus).
Essential experience of the Senior Cloud Engineer includes:
- Proven Cloud service provider experience – infrastructure build and configurations of a variety of services including Networking services, Compute, Storage, IAM, SDN (VPC and XPN). Nice to have: Containers, Container OS and Container orchestration (E.g. Docker, COS, GKE);
- Proven experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP). Certifications would be a plus;
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation on cloud native solutions with emphasis on Network, Identify and Access Management, Programmable infrastructure Even logging, Resource monitoring and Secret Management;
- Hands-on experience with design and implementation of production grade infrastructure as code solution using one or more tools: Bitbucket, Terraform, Ansible, Hashicopr Vault/Consul, Jenkins, Python, Powershell;
- Experience working on a SDLC environment for infra as code, leveraging segregation of duties and tagging of the code to promote safely and driven by automated testing;
- Knowledge of Data Serialisation Languages (JSON, YAML);
- Knowledge and Understanding of Networking Technologies;
- Strong Sysadmin and development skills.
- Champion new products;
- Automate, automate, automate;
- Develop and refine tools, procedures and workflows that build consistency and stability for our internal operations and customer experience;
- Discuss ideas at a high level and utilise your technical ability to follow through and implement them;
- Review and research potential new products. Be a champion for projects;
- Be comfortable working in a fluid environment where requirements and priorities may change at short notice. Be prepared to be the cause of that change;
- Continually think about the root causes of issues, and where necessary, stop and re-evaluate a project with the team to ensure it doesn’t just address the symptoms of a problem;
- Ensure that projects move ahead in a timely fashion;
- Automate more;
- Coordinate with different teams to ensure that work is achieved optimal. Document and communicate your work;
- Appreciate high quality code and have pride in your own;
- Produce documentation on development work that can be used for funding;
- Effectively communicate with other departments to highlight the goals of new and existing projects and their ongoing progress;
- And Automate a bit more.
- Comfort with collaboration and open communication;
- Automation and Config Management Skills (Ansible);
- A positive attitude and the desire to learn Desirable Attributes;
- Forward thinking;
- Structure and discipline with code techniques.
We are looking for intellectually curious people, interested in the bigger picture of how technology industry is evolving, ready to ask difficult questions and deal with complicated scenarios. If you are a forward thinker and problem solver, this is the place to be as will be supporting you to fast-forward your career.
We maximise each employee’s potential through personal development through a wide range of learning tools both formal and informal. We believe in remunerating our people with competitive salaries and a range of attractive benefits such as:
- Pillar 3 Supplemental Pension;
- 25 days’ holiday a year;
- Private medical insurance;
- Group life insurance policy;
- Meal vouchers;
- Share Purchase Plan;
- Volunteering Days.
If interested, please apply at Senior Cloud Engineer [hipo.ro]