We are looking to add a Senior/Architect Java back-end developer to our team in Cluj-Napoca, Iasi, or Brasov.
In this role, you will be involved in migrating the current live eBike system to a cloud-based solution.
Main use cases of the entire suite feature navigation & routing, fitness, tourism, riding activity statistics. The online portal and the mobile apps, together with the eBike on-board computer, can all connect to shared Java backend services, which must ensure proper synchronization, performance, security, and multiple device line compatibility.
In a nutshell, you will contribute to improving and scaling for the next years – so that it serves three times the actual number of users – a live product that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle and eco-friendly mobility.
Our teams are self-organizing and autonomous, with no middle management. You will be working directly with our Product Owners and stakeholders from our client in Germany.
What’s in It for You
Work in a dynamic Agile environment.
Strong focus on quality in the entire software development lifecycle.
Good environment for your career growth through learning programs and challenging responsibilities.
- Contribute to designing the scaled solution and planning the cloud migration (work closely with the client to establish the cloud migration roadmap and priorities)
- Contribute to analyzing, identifying, and addressing application bottlenecks
- Verify technical feasibility and validate solution options
- Provide code implementation, documentation, testing, and review at team defined standards
- Contribute to Agile Scrum ceremonies: grooming & backlog refinement, effort assessment, retrospective
- Perform operations & maintenance activities (change-requests, refactorings, defect fixing, technical support)
- Perform release activities
- Provide use case analysis and design, in the context of eventually new features development
- Deep technical knowledge/capabilities, anchored with executive polish and good communication skills
- Good understanding of the full development lifecycle
- Experience in delivering against tight timelines
- Experience with legacy application modernization
- Experience with planning and executing migrations to cloud solutions
- Experience with major cloud providers, preferably Amazon AWS; hands-on experience with containers, container, orchestration, APIs and services is essential
- Experience with: Java 8, Spring – Spring Web, Spring Security, Spring Boot; Hibernate/JPA; Relational Database experience (Oracle); Object storage experience; Tooling: Git, Maven, Swagger (or similar), Jenkins; RESTful services: JSON, protocol buffers
- Solid understanding of architectural and design patterns
- Experience with writing unit tests and integration tests
- Good command of English
- Good communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
If interested, please apply at SENIOR/ ARCHITECT JAVA DEVELOPER [fortech.ro]