We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 380 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
The enterprise architecture team for the business segment Digital Building defines, develops, and maintains the architecture blueprints of our building information systems for a global market. This team is responsible for the business applications in an edge/cloud environment and the integration of information from building automation systems and other systems. Work is performed in close partnership with business stakeholders, product management, and R&D enterprise architects, within a globally distributed but agile organization utilizing the scaled agile framework (SAFe).
Your new responsibilities
In this context we are looking for a senior architect focusing on domain models as part of the global system architecture team. You will work at the technological forefront of smart and connected buildings focusing on building information models to ensure consistent and seamless information exchange between applications. You will drive the transition from a physical to digital world of building products and systems.
Technology and innovation responsibilities
- Analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution domain models.
- Supporting agile teams responsible for delivering self-contained cloud services in modeling (and evolving) bounded contexts for cloud services, their API specifications, and the definition of domain events, while ensuring a global consistency and compliance with the overall, common domain model.
- Delivering ontologies and semantic descriptions for the domains of building construction, operation, and maintenance with the focus on building automation and smart spaces.
- Laying foundation to automatically process heterogenous data for new digital offerings.
- Working with the development team to incorporate domain models into data exchange mechanisms and interface descriptions.
- Close interaction with the predevelopment team to align feasibility- and concept studies on semantics and ontologies
- Enabling and facilitating modelling communities to collaborate across divisions and their existing portfolios.
- Integrating project and program strategies across multiple programs and projects, and ensuring alignment with business strategies and management priorities.
- Act as the technology leader for ontologies and semantic descriptions for interoperability on business level.
- Provide vision and direction in regard to semantic models for interoperable business applications.
- Architect, document, and communicate concepts.
- Drive and govern the implementation of concepts.
- Collaborate with teams locally as well as distributed across different R&D locations in face-to-face and remote meetings.
- Inspire others and adopt a pragmatic approach.
- Energize teams and implement organizational and behavioral changes; collaborate, coach, and mentor.
Your skills and experience
Our ideal candidate is an experienced domain model architect with a deep understanding of and experience in domain modeling. He or she has a solid record in the field of domain and schema modeling for interoperability.
- Up-to-date knowledge in the field of domain and schema modeling.
- Proven realization of domain modeling and data integration of different domains.
- Knowledge of RDF, OWL, Json LD, W3C standards, not required but a real advantage would be knowledge in building industry related domain models like BIM.
- Experience in methods and tools for handling and publishing domain models at enterprise scale, e.g. schema.org and open source communities.
- Visionary interest in building automation, smart spaces, and building construction domain.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in information and communication technology (ICT) or adjacent industries incl. domain modeling.
- Higher technical education (university level), preferably in Computer Science, PhD preferred.
- Ability to contribute, collaborate and give technical guidance to interdisciplinary teams.
- Proven ability to clearly document and communicate concepts to all stakeholders according to their interests and concerns.
- A higher level of proficiency in spoken and written English completes your personal profile; the ability to speak German is a plus.
If interested, please apply at Senior Architect Data/Domain Model 80-100% [indeed.com]