Cegeka’s Aviation division plays an active role in supplying IT platforms & services for air traffic management in Europe.
Join us as Scrum Master having impact on creating our Digital Platform which facilitates air traffic management. The Digital Platform will accelerate delivery and hosting of software applications, offering technical enablers, common services and development tooling (such as security, data services, release automation, Quality Assurance etc.).
What will you do?
- You are the facilitator of Scrum, the lightweight Agile framework.
- You will be a change agent in improving the Agile way of working within a highly regulated environment.
- Facilitating and smoothening communication and collaboration within the engineering team and to other teams is an essential part of your role.
- You coach the engineering team to become self-organizing and focusing on continuously improving themselves helping them to reach their full potential.
- You ensure deliverables meet high quality standards, as defined in the Definition of Done.
- You help the Product Owner/Proxy’s in finding effective backlog management techniques.
Scrum master in a nutshell
As a Scrum master you assist Scrum teams on 2 major subjects:
- The team’s interaction with their surrounding context such as other teams, management, business:
- Build and maintain transparent and constructive communication channels.
- Guard the team from distractions/interruptions, ensuring the teams’ focus remains on delivering their committed sprint-work.
- Aid the team by eliminating external blockers.
- Assist in qualitative and relevant reporting to stakeholders through Burndowns, Demo’s, …
- The team’s own internals such as team dynamics and processes:
- Encourage to relentlessly identify internal roadblocks and improve through process or workflow changes.
- Assist in building a culture in which successes are achieved through deep collaboration based on Respect, Focus, Responsibility, Openness and Courage.
- Help maintaining the essential Scrum ceremonies by keeping them relevant.
Who are we looking for?
- You are an experienced Scrum master, preferably having worked in an Agile infrastructure environment.
- Being dynamic, energetic and enthusiastic is second nature to you.
- Your personality is key for this position. Intrinsic values of a Scrum master are:
- Assertiveness, mature, dynamic.
- Emphatic, insight into group dynamics, good observation and listening. Passion to work with people.
- Analytical insight, quick understanding, can distinguish facts from assumptions.
- Brutal transparency and responsible behavior.
- Thinking out-of-the-box and having a problem solving mentality.
- Technical affinity.
- You’ve experience in having worked in a Scrum and SAFe environment.
- You are at least PSM1 or SCM certified. Having certification in SAFe 4.0/5.0 or PSM2/CSP is a plus.
- You are a strong communicator, speaking and writing fluently in English, in combination with French or Dutch is a must.
- You’re main work location will be one of our Cegeka offices, but you are willing to travel to our customer which is based in Zaventem.
Why grow with us?
- You will work in a very interesting industry, namely the aviation sector.
- Intensive teamwork in an open and dynamic atmosphere where fresh new ideas and initiatives can be started.
- Tailor-made guidance, where you indicate where your interests lie and we look together how we can help you develop further.
- Knowledge sharing is central. We offer many initiatives for this: innovation centers, reading groups, knowledge sharing meetings, hackathons, participation in conferences and external training.
- Depending on your own interests and initiatives, Cegeka offers various horizontal and vertical career paths.
- In addition to the gross salary, a premium company car with fuel card, luncheon vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance, mobile phone subscription, flat-rate expenses allowance and a powerful laptop, we offer flexible working hours and a nice work / life balance.
- Create your own compensation package thanks to our Flex Reward Plan.
If interested, please apply at Scrum Master – Aviation (cegeka.com)