What does the Frostbite team do?
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
The Frostbite Release team oversees the performance and stability of the development environment for 300+ engineers. To achieve this we maintain automated test farms, develop tools, and provide quick resolutions to any issues blocking our engineers. The release team is also responsible for delivering the finished product to Game teams. You will be part of a team that always try to bring Frostbite at greater quality than before. We are looking for a generalist who can quickly familiarize themselves with different technologies and works well with changing priorities.
You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager.
- Monitor the automatic testing farm, flagging, and investigating any errors found.
- Updating the automatic test coverage to better reflect what the team is working on. This includes reducing test coverage/intervals to reassign hardware to other tests.
- Design tools to improve the efficiency of how software is tested and released while elevating the product quality.
- Work with software engineers across multiple domains, understanding their needs to develop tooling in several areas such as automated monitoring, pre-test/pre-submission and automated failure analysis.
- Respond to issues within the Frostbite production environment by working across teams and gathering data to help troubleshoot issues.
- Collaborate across domain teams and QA on releases/updates and patches.
- Automate releases to ensure the integrity of the live environment is protected and the correct components are released.
- Improve process and culture to help release Frostbite with better quality.
- Enjoy working in a focus switching environment, converging on solutions for a myriad of problems, from changing the build farm configuration because of a hardware related issue to debugging a crash in a game level, to working on a python script to automate release workflows.
- 2 years of professional experience in C++ and Python.
- Experience with SCMs (source control management systems)
- Previous experiences in one of the following fields: Release Engineering, QA automation, Code Integration
- Production experience with game engines
- Large-scale code integration work
- Helix Perforce (SCM)
- Experience with C#
- Database tool / Visualization plugins such as PowerBI
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our Stockholm studio
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
If interested, please apply at Release Software Engineer C++ – Frostbite [ea.com]