Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since 1992, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
We are looking for a Release Manager to join our Ubisoft Mobile team where we are bringing innovative experience, gameplay and business model to mobile players. Available on the Appstore since 2009, Ubisoft Mobile’s games are developed by a team of 800 talents spread in a dozen studios all over the world. Thanks to the recent addition of Ketchapp and 1492 studios, our portfolio is one of the most diverse of the mobile landscape. Millions of players enjoy daily « South Park: Phone Destroyer », « Knife Hit » or the « Is it love? » Series.
As part of the Mobile Release Management team, you are responsible for publishing our games on Mobile Stores. You will be at the core of the mobile industry and it’s ever evolving ecosystem.
Within this position, you are a key contact all along your portfolio’s lifecycle: from taking care of the early steps of the technical setup to actually releasing the game to millions of players.
Your main mission:
As a Release Manager, you’ll handle a portfolio of projects on the following topics:
- Be the point of contact for release topics on iOS, Google Play and other platforms, ensure all stakeholders have the right level visibility before and after the roll-out.
- Discuss, create and share planning for each upcoming version taking into account store-specific deliverables.
- Monitor delivery timings.
- Submit our games on different stores (iOS, Google Play as well as other stores when relevant).
- Coordinate with Line Producers and dev teams for each update and gather the required greenlight from each department before submission.
Backend Setup and Monitoring
- Handle technical setup: app declaration in the systems, configuration of project features (Achievements / Leaderboard / In-App purchases), etc.
- Upload the new builds and metadata on each backend.
- Provide support on stores back office and features.
- Monitor key performance indicators and give the teams the means to optimize their discoverability on stores.
What You’ll Bring as Experience:
- Release management will put you in contact with several studios around the world. Your English must be fluent and you must have great communication skills both written and verbal.
- To handle the needs of your portfolio’s day to day, you will need to have very good organizational skills.
- Prior knowledge of App Store (iTunes) Connect and the Google Play Console. Being capable of handling a full app setup is a plus.
- Overall, you need to be able to adapt to new situations and interlocutors, be a quick learner, and know how to share your knowledge to the teams you work with.
- Last but not least, you will be at the heart of the mobile business, you will need to be up to date on the latest news and be capable to share key information with the rest of the company.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
If interested, please apply at Release Manager (Quality Management) [ubisoft.com]