Role addressed to Romanian, Polish and to other East Eu nationalities
Summary of Position
Seeking a strategic and collegial Registrar who can successfully build relationships within and outside the University and lead academic support services and systems for the University Campuses. The Registrar will need to balance years of experience and first-hand knowledge of best practices with an entrepreneurial sensibility. The Registrar will lead a small team requiring him or her to not only think strategically, but also be intimately involved with implementation. The Registrar will be a strategist, a leader, a mentor, and an expert in operations. The Registrar manages student recruitment, admissions, records and data reporting, timetabling and scheduling, academic progression, honours and graduation, student information systems, and convocation ceremony processes. The Registrar ensures that University is meeting accreditation standards and regulatory requirements nationally, in its 3-partner countries, and internationally so that the degrees earned by our students are accepted internationally. The Registrar contributes to the University’s overall mission, vision and objectives by directing the transparency, regularization and quality assurance of the University’s student recruitment and admissions processes, academic programmes, grading, assessment and progression practices, programmatic and degree requirements so as to ensure University requirements. The Registrar directs the provision of secretariat services for the University Academic Council in order to ensure that University complies with University, multinational and internationally legislated accreditation and record keeping requirements. The Registrar contributes to the University’s overall mission by formulating, developing, implementing, and monitoring the compliance of academic policies and processes. The Registrar leads and directs the University-wide alumni affairs activities in order to sanction alumni involvement at the University and to ensure that the University maintains a good and continuing relationship with its alumni.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Student Recruitment and Admission • Oversee the formulation and implementation of University’s enrolment strategy.
• Work with a small team of student recruitment professionals who are regularly in the field building relationships with strong high schools, high school administrators, teachers, parents and students to encourage the best and brightest students from the urban and rural regions of Central Asia apply to University
• Implement a transparent, effective and efficient methodology for student applications, entrance exams, shortlisting, portfolios preparation for the University Selection Committee, admission, and matriculation for the University’s undergraduate and eventually graduate programmes • Maintain, in partnership with the Administration department, an accurate and up-to-date guidelines manual for obtaining Kyrgyz and Tajik visas for international students. • Develop and deliver new and returning student onboarding programme as relates to the Registrar’s Office. Academic Records • As the official custodian of academic records, the Registrar provides methods ensuring the quality, integrity and veracity of the academic records to: • Prepare the University Course Catalog • Set up courses and degree requirements within the University Student Information System (SAP) • Monitor student progression through their degree programmes including the management of withdrawals • Produce official enrolment lists at the University, programme and class level • Maintain the Dean’s List • Provide current and former students with an official verifiable transcript of the courses taken and confirmation of enrolment letters Academic Administrative Services • Oversee the implementation and use of SAP • Design systems for faculty to propose new courses, make changes to majors/minors/courses • Design and manage systems that support scheduling of classrooms, meeting rooms and discussion spaces
as well as the scheduling of courses, mid-terms, and final exams.
• Work with the department of Finance to administer scholarship evaluation, delivery of scholarships, bursaries, and other financial aid
• Produce University diploma and degree parchments, planning, preparation and conduct of convocation exercises
• Establish specific operational academic policies, procedures and guidelines that reflect the policies established by the Board of Trustees and senior academic leadership
• Provide quality control of on-going academic decision making in support of students achieving their degrees and diplomas
• Ensure the attainment of quality assurance standards and degree requirements mandated by the Board of Trustees, national government ministries and international accreditation bodies and other pertinent professional bodies are met
• Regulate, monitor, and audit the compliance of academic programmes within University’s multinational and multidisciplinary Faculties, Schools and Institutes by enforcing the University’s academic policies
support of students meeting degree requirements
• Prepare and submit required documents and reports to the Ministries of Education of the Founding States.
This includes but not limited to annual rules for University admission, annual plans for University admission, annual Orders of Admission.
• Work with the Ministries of Education of the Founding States to process equivalencies of foreign high school credentials for international students.
Minimum Qualifications and Relevant Experience
• A Master or specialist degree in a relevant discipline from an internationally recognized university
• Minimum of ten years of experience in senior university management level (registrar, admission, teaching administration etc).
• Proven record of successful leadership in a people-oriented environment, preferably in a multi-campus / multinational setting.
• Excellent experience managing student recruitment and admissions
• Extensive experience in university academic policy planning, development and administration
• International Experience ideally also including in Central Asia
• Significant experience with student information systems, preferably in SAP.
• Extensive record keeping experiences as well as experience in recognizing fraudulent records, including degrees, transcripts and admissions documents and materials
• Knowledge of relevant / current university student practices
• Student and academic counselling skills.
• Proven record of analyzing statistical data on admissions, registration, examinations and graduation for administrative use in formulating policies, statistical reporting and data mining.
• Demonstrated commitment to quality and experience with people of diverse educational, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
• Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Adaptability and flexibility, with the ability to handle both ambiguous and specific assignments.
• Fiscal responsibility.
• Advanced English is required
• Russian is an important asset
• Working knowledge of Kyrgyz, Tajik or Kazakh would be an asset
The position will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic and would require regional travel.
If interested please apply to Asyl Kartanova Asyl.Kartanova@antalkazakhstan.com as soon as possible !