At Avast, we strive to give everyone the power to explore our shared digital world freely and safely. Our team is working to help shape the digital world to be a freer, fairer and safer place through the application of science, technology, and human ingenuity, and we are looking for people who share our passion to contribute to a better online world. Avast promotes a rich diversity of cultures, debates, and out-of-the-box thinking. Today, Avast is an FTSE 100 company that safeguards more than 435 million people worldwide, protecting their digital data, identity, and privacy.
The purpose of the role:
Avast extends its protection beyond the device to be also able to protect the user’s identity and privacy. We are looking for a reliable Quality Assurance Engineer who will work with developers in building new Avast privacy and identity protecting products, that aim at allowing people to transition to passwordless authentication and to claim full ownership of their identities and full control over their data.
Our quality assurance team is focused on preventing problems early in the development process by influencing the whole product lifecycle. Our approach is to put QA Engineers equal to Software Developers. It’s rather a role in a product development team than a job in a dedicated quality control department. QA Engineer participates in all decisions made by product teams.
- As a part of a larger team, drive your engineering team to help build products(s) that protect users privacy and identity
- Be a member of a team building end-user features. Collaborate with backend and frontend developers, DevOps, product managers, and UX designers.
- Participate in all phases of a product life cycle (as needed).
- Test complex functions with applications.
- Review new requirements and design new test scenarios.
- Create, review, and maintain a test strategy (or its part).
- Bug reporting and verification, ensure the quality of products for customer usability.
- Good knowledge of Software Quality Assurance approaches – previous experience with white box and black box testing is required.
- Experience with bug reporting (Atlassian Jira or similar).
- Tech-debate-level English-speaking skills.
- Basic knowledge of privacy/cybersecurity is a plus.
- An exciting job in an international team of a growing and very successful company
- An exciting product portfolio
- Opportunities for professional growth
- An adequate performance-based salary
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- New hire RSUs grant
- The chance to join a major global tech company
Sounds exciting? We look forward to hearing from you!
Avast does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Avast.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at QA engineer – Identity&Privacy Protection