Xoomworks Technology is a consulting and technology company that specializes in digital innovation and complex bespoke software solutions development. The company was founded in the UK 20 years ago and it grows two development centers, which are based in Romania and Bulgaria. We help well-known companies release great products to market quicker and to innovate faster than their competition. Xoomworks teams have strong capability in the latest open source, web, mobile and data technologies and deep expertise in the media, financial and gaming business sectors.
What differentiates us?
One Team Approach
“Any problem is a shared problem” mentality. It is our signature. It shapes the cornerstone of great teamwork and successful partnerships. Enjoy being trusted, respected, and supported.
We encourage our people to express opinions and take ownership. Xoomworks provides flexible and relaxed environment with care of each individual needs. Free home policy, no micromanagement, 6 days for self-learning.
The outcome is important to us especially in terms of using our expertise to create sustainable and savvy solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Python Engineer to join the Data Team of Financial Times – a growing business and a globally recognised brand. You will be responsible for delivering innovative technical solutions as you build and operate world class platforms to grow the Financial Times strategic business models. Someone who is comfortable with the ever changing technical landscape and is keen to contribute to the company’s processes and broader know how would thrive in this role.
- Work directly with product owners and senior stakeholders to fully shape solutions from inception to deployment and beyond
- Work within a team of engineers in an agile delivery team
- Development of high quality data solutions
- Design and implement low maintenance, well monitored, secure and scalable solutions to customer problems
- Design, build and operate solutions, from cradle to grave, which meet both functional and non-functional KPIs
- Understand and play an active part in designing the architecture, tooling and release cycle processes used by the engineering teams
- Develop an in-depth understanding of FT’s underlying data and data flow, data structures.
- Develop a close relationship with our customers and provide operational support
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Proven experience with Python backend development
- Experience working with data sources of varying volumes, variety and velocity
- A track record of delivering well engineered solutions using current technologies and best practices such as SOLID, TDD, CI/CD and pair programming
- An active member of the broader technology community with an understanding of current leading trends
- Experience working as part of an Agile delivery team, using methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
- Good understanding of the principles and trade-offs of a microservices architecture
- Good working experience of at least one cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment