Ubisoft Craiova is looking for a Programming Team Lead to join our team working on developing the Ubisoft online services platform. This platform is designed to offer flexible, robust, ready-to-use solutions to the game development teams thus allowing them to focus more on innovating and enriching our players’ experiences.
As a member of our team, you will be directly involved in the development and improvement of the platform and services, offering stability, performance and flexibility for the ambitious Ubisoft production teams spread across the world. You will do this leading a team that enhances a fully-managed Python product that offers out-of-box pipelines for the different Ubisoft micro-services. It provides cloud cluster management, automated AWS deployment using infrastructure as code, built-in blue/green deployment and auto scaling using state-of-the-art technologies such as: Docker, AWS, Gitlab CI/CD, ElasticSearch, Kibana, Grafana etc.
- Be part of a cohesive team, invested in the development of our products that cover various subjects such as micro-services development, continuous integration, continuous deployment, automatic testing, deployment using Amazon Cloud Services, observability, scalability etc;
- On a daily basis, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks, you note issues and brainstorm ways to address them;
- You communicate regularly with leads from other teams to plan ahead, identify risks and deliver on time;
- You code alongside your team;
- You regularly update your Project Lead on your team’s assignments. You meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology;
- You collaborate with development teams from Europe, Canada or China whether they are production or support teams;
- You mentor, manage and regularly review your team’s performance.
What you will bring:
- Experience managing a team of programmers;
- Experience with at least one of the following languages: Python, C++, C#, Java or Typescript/NodeJS;
- Experience with unit, integration and load tests;
- Knowledge of Git, Gitlab and continuous integration and deployment platforms (CI/CD);
- Experience with code reviews;
- Attention to details and a high regard for quality for you and your team mates;
- Strategic leadership that focuses not only on the project deliverables but also on the clients’ needs;
- A calm attitude when facing challenging situations (you know a solution is always at hand);
- Eagerness to help your team grow their experience and expertise;
- Very good level of spoken and written English.
- Autonomous and proactive attitude;
- Responsible and resourceful;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Adaptable and open to learning.
Will be considered an advantage:
- Experience in the game programming field;
- Expertise in the design, implementation and documentation of REST APIs;
- Experience with remote collaborations.
What to send our way:
Your CV, highlighting your education, experience, projects and skills.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- Medical services to keep you safe and sound;
- Meal tickets to use wherever you want;
- Relaxation room;
- Fresh fruit that are available in the office each week;
- Various training and knowledge sharing programs, both in Romania and abroad;
- Access to most of our games up to date for research and fun;
- Team activities once a month: movie tickets or other fun activities;
- 7card offers.
Ubisoft Craiova has been an important component in strengthening the foundation of one of the first gaming companies ever established in Romania. The studio has had experience in the development of video games since 2008 and now works on the production and testing of some of the biggest AAA brands of international reputation, such as Ghost Recon. The studio is also a valuable collaborator to the Technology Group, which helps to develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in the Ubisoft games.
If interested, please apply at Programming Team Lead for Ubisoft Craiova (Programming) [ubisoft.com]