- Design, write and execute manual and automated tests.
- Assist in the design and implementation of a maintainable and robust test automation framework.
- Assist with clarification of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Use bug tracking systems to submit, track and manage defects.
- Analyze test results across the full stream and provide meaningful reports to project team.
- Maintain software testing artefacts.
- Use queries to create test data and analyze results.
- Track and ensure coverage for each software release.
- Initiate process and execution improvements for the QA phases of the SDLC.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Fill QA lead role on a stream and/or perform direct line manager role for a small team.
- Reproduce and analyze clients’ issues.
- Perform detailed project planning and project management support including work breakdown structure, estimates, status reporting and project closeout specific to testing.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor’s degree).
- A QA at Moody’s in this position would typically have between 3 to 5 years of QA experience.
- Experience in QA activities throughout all stages of the SDLC.
- Experience filling a lead role on a team that uses agile processes, including SCRUM, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.; suggests and implements process improvements for a stream
- Experience with a wide range of QA methodologies
- Strong understanding of Web-based technology architecture and data structures
- Experience leading test plan development
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and/or fill lead QA role for a stream.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills as well as attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills to analyze system business and technical requirements for ambiguities and discrepancies
- Aptitude for thinking outside the box to develop and execute thorough test strategies, test plans, test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Investigate a defect, isolate its probable cause, provide a reliable method for reproducing it.
- Excellent understanding of the QA processes, methodologies and Software Testing Lifecycle
- Experience planning artefacts that support the implementation of shift-left testing and white box/grey box testing objectives
- Strong database skills
- Strong C#, Java and/or scripting experience
- Experience building automation test frameworks
- Knowledge of financial concepts
- Excellent understanding of QA testing tools and environments.
- Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards
Working at Moody’s
Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. With over 11,000 employees in more than 40 countries, Moody’s combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Principle QA Engineer