Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales in the Czech Republic employs over 400 people from 45 different nationalities. A total of 15 teams work on projects for government agencies, banking, mobile services and the Internet Of Things (IoT) technology. At the core of our business is the development of software which we configure and embed in a multitude of different devices and form factors. These include many kinds of payment cards, SIM cards, travel passes, secure eBanking devices, authentication tokens, machine identification modules (MIM), and secure ID documents including ePassports, eID and eHealth cards, as well as eDriving licenses. Because of the international environment surrounding us every day, it comes as no surprise that English is our official corporate language.
As a Front End C# Software Engineer, you will work closely with colleagues and customers to gather requirements, design, develop and implement integrated software and systems solutions in the fields of image processing, biometrics, automated fingerprint identification.
A week in the life of a C# Software Engineer:
- You will develop and enhance biometric enrollment and identification product
- You will maintain and support existing biometric enrollment and identification product and troubleshoot current production system issues
- You will develop server applications for multiple platforms such as Windows, Linux, AIX, etc
- You will work closely with other Lead developers to define interfaces and integration points
- You will understand and adhere to design and coding procedures and standards. Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have C# Windows Form & WPF experience, experience with Computer Architecture and working with various operating systems including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Linux or other UNIX variants.
- It would be preferred if you have experience working with relational databases, image or photo processing related user interface design and development experience, client-server system integration experience, and Web service development with Java and WCF
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Platforms and Services Software Engineer