Anaplan, the Connected Planning pioneer, is changing the way the world’s most respected companies do business. We believe in clear, open communication enabling teams to overcome obstacles and move forward together. We want you to feel that you belong to a team, you matter, and are able to be your authentic self. We all work together to deliver business value with the power of Connected Planning at every level within every organization, and alongside an ever-growing number of users, a rich partner ecosystem, and active community. At Anaplan, our values are key to everything we do. We call it #AnaplanLOVE
At Anaplan these words come to life by making employees feel empowered and inspired.
Building a strong culture around company values is an ongoing journey
that will continue to be the core of our existence.
Anaplan is a business critical, tier-1 system that must be highly available with low latency, despite complexity and scale. The mission of the team is to develop and maintain the efficiency, stability, agility, and robustness of our platform. As a member of the team, you’ll have a big impact on delivering customer value. Additionally, the central nature of this team means high visibility, with plenty of opportunities to grow and learn.
As a Platform Engineer, you will be part of a team working on our next generation platform to make business data and capabilities accessible via APIs. In this role, you’ll be working on features to build and run business processes, gather data and metadata from those processes and contribute to other platform services that support our core multi-dimensional planning engine.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a rapidly changing environment, and who is interested in developing a deep understanding of our system and excited to solve challenging problems at scale while delivering new capabilities to our rapidly growing number of customers. If you value writing sustainable, resilient code to ensure that our customers’ experience is the very best it can be and you want to help foster a collaborative, inclusive, creative, authentic, tenacious culture, this is the place for you!
This role is an immediate full-time position. If you’re ready to roll up your sleeves and tackle unique problems that no one is solving in the tech space yet, keep reading.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build scalable, resilient services to support data integration, ETL processes, and platform extensions.
- Contribute to the continued evolution of product functionality that service large amounts of data and traffic.
- Write code that is high-quality, performant, sustainable and testable while holding yourself accountable for the quality of the code you produce.
- Coach and collaborate inside and outside the team. You enjoy working closely with others – helping them grow by sharing expertise and encouraging best practices.
- Work in a hybrid cloud infrastructure, considering the implementation of functionality through several distributed components and services.
- Work with our stakeholders to translate product goals into actionable engineering plans.
More about you:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- A strong background in fostering a culture of continuous delivery and agile development.
- Expertise in Java and the JVM and are up to date on modern Java development.
- A deep understanding of the value of testing to deliver high-quality code.
- Proficiency with the design, implementation, and deployment of scalable API services using REST standards
- Worked extensively with containers and orchestration tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in production with cloud infrastructure such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with building observability into services to track usage and health.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills – you are pragmatic and know how to build trust.
- Experience in Java 11 and Springboot
- Experience with Kafka and streaming data
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiarity with event sourcing, messaging and complex event processing
- Tools: Jenkins, Harness, Splunk, SignalFx, NginX
Our diversity and inclusion commitment
Build your job in a place that thrives on diversity, inclusion and belonging. We believe in maintaining a hiring and working experience in which all people are respected and valued, regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. We hire you for who you are, and we want you to bring your true self to work every day!
Anaplan is a cloud-native enterprise SaaS company helping global enterprises orchestrate business performance. Our customers come first to create heroes, unlock potential & build trust and confidence. We challenge legacy thinking and software that isn’t flexible for the modern organization. We have architected the only platform that will take the time from planning to decision down to zero.
We’re building a truly unique technology. From our calculation engine and in-memory data store, to apps and predictive analytics; amazing technology is being developed every day.
We’re addressing a $100B/year problem that all global businesses face. Our mission is to break the traditional business planning mold, currently performed through spreadsheets or legacy systems.
Anaplan’s Connected Planning platform is enabling customers to improve decision-making by turning response time into real time, to make better decisions to enhance your business. The platform helps you dynamically orchestrate performance enterprise-wide, and convert constant change to your environment.
See what our global customers and partners have to say about Anaplan’s platform is solving some of the most complex challenges in business. CEOs, analysts, and the press agreeAnaplan is changing the way the world does business. Learn about our history, see our recognitions and achievements, and take a look at what it’s like to work at Anaplan. Get to know more about working at Anaplan by checking out our social channels.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Platform Engineer [glassdoor.com]