Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences.
Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Usage Audit & Dispute Manager plays a key role within the Network Expense Operations organization by leading a team of auditors and dispute analysts with responsibility for the planning, oversight and operation of our vendor usage audit and dispute filings function. The right candidate will have a combination of strong data analytics, organizational and managerial skillsets to develop a best in class audit strategy over our monthly voice expenses, detecting over billings, invalid fees and contractual errors, and ensuring timely filings of disputes with our network vendors to achieve highest contribution saving returns. This candidate will partner and communicate with internal business stakeholders – including Network Planning/Access Management, Carrier Relations, Accounting, Product, and Legal to keep all informed and appropriately support the resolution of the billing disputes with these vendors. This candidate will understand and analyze details of our vendor expense billings, being able to leverage existing analytic tools, applications and data sources, including SAM (Synchronoss Access Management) to expand invoice usage auditing, dispute filings, and credits with our vendors.
The Main Responsibilities
- Lead a team audit experts and dispute analysts through complex usage auditing design, analysis and delivery activities to ensure consistently productive month over month vendor dispute operations in line with forecasts.
- Activity participate with the team to conduct reviews of weekly/monthly deliverables to ensure quality and adherence to documented audit and dispute standards
- Manage effective regular (weekly) communications of team’s usage disputes to keep network vendors, resolution teams, and other internal stakeholders effectively informed with a goal toward successful closure.
- Collaborate with Network Analytics Manager to assure accurate usage dispute reporting for month end financial close, including detailed tracking of cash withholdings, dispute closures and resulting “win rates”.
- Partner with NetEx Audit and Dispute Director and AMO to define and implement data driven Usage NetEx Contribution annual forecast. Roll-out and maintain this plan with the AMO, FP&A, and Accounting, providing monthly assessment of actual performance to forecasts and addressing as needed recovery initiatives.
- Facilitate team to review existing usage audit coverage performance against potential, leveraging existing analytic tools, applications and data sources, including SAM (Synchronoss Access Management) to expand invoice usage auditing, dispute filings, and credits with our vendors.
- Energize and guide the usage audit team; create a team culture where everyone wants to do their best and deliver value.
- Coach others and provide on-going and real-time feedback to support and improve performance.
- Coordinate with Carrier Managers, Legal, and Resolution teams to actively drive equitable resolution of billing issues.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of experience in billings, systems development, or operations
- 2+ years of experience in a finance or operational reporting role
- Ability to interact and influence across all organizational levels on technical or business solutions.
- Proven ability to lead and drive organizational and cultural change as well as build and develop a high functioning team
- Strong MS Excel skills; preferred experience with BI (Power BI, OB IEE, Tableau) and data analysis applications
- Open to other locations and remote / WFH.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Network Expense Usage Audit & Dispute Manager – Remote (glassdoor.com)