The Information Technology group (EAIT) works as a global team to empower EA’s employees and business operations to be creative, collaborative, and productive. As a digital entertainment company, EA’s enterprise technology needs are diverse and span across game development, workforce collaboration, marketing, publishing, player experience, security, and corporate activities. Our mission is to bring creative technology services to each of these areas, working across the company to “ensure better play.”
You will report to the Senior Manager, Software Engineering based in Bucharest, and you will have a team of supportive colleagues that would be happy to work with you in a flat organization structure where you will be encouraged to be part of a diverse team.
- Lead a team to create the solution and software architecture for high-volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise
- As a people manager, leads a team with a culture of trust and collaboration
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of game development team goals that guide technology requirements and design deliverables.
- Have and develop knowledge of trends, relevant software development technologies, design patterns and methodologies
- Work with other engineers and architects to create guidelines, methodologies, and documentation
- Be a hands-on person leading the team from the front and a coach for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design and implementation goals
- Provide architectural guidance to quality assurance on all new code from launch through integration, staging and production environments
- Participate in code reviews provide feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills
- Document the requirements and the architecture and design proposed to provide the software solution
- Take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements, and provide feedback to all parties involved
- Report progress and status through regular email or face-to-face communication with appropriate leads/managers
- 8+ years of experience building enterprise level software solutions
- 5+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies (ADO.NET, ORMs, OData)
- 5+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery
- 2+ years of experience to architect cloud-based applications using PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure
- 3 years leadership experience
- Experience with development methodologies including waterfall and agile
- Conduct complex systems analysis and translate user requirements into solutions
- Solid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience, cloud computing and configuration as code
- Deal with all levels of management and staff
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
If interested, please apply at Manager, Software Engineering [ea.com]