Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
The mission of a linguistic tester is to perform specific language tests on versions of games developed for Spanish market.
- Identifies and reports all the linguistic errors from the verified product. Types of errors that will be reported – missing texts and translations, text / audio de-synchronization, spelling & grammar mistakes, linguistic consistency (text & audio);
- Works closely with the Localization Project Manager assigned for the project and reports to him on the localization status of the version. Also, keeps the lead tester permanently informed concerning the status of the specific language tests;
- Evaluates the global functioning of the game and insures it meets validation requirements;
- Identifies and submits in a standard format in the data base the encountered error, so they could easily be identified and reproduced. Reports periodically the evolution of the tests and the progress of the given tasks;
- Is a reference for evaluating the overall localization quality of the tested products;
- Constantly improves his linguistic skills and gains experience regarding the specific gaming terminology used in Spanish language.
- Excellent written and verbal knowledge of Spanish language (native speakers or fluent students or graduates);
- Good knowledge of the English language;
- Knowledge of the culture and characteristics of Spanish language;
- Team player;
- Linguistic Certificate is a plus;
- Professional or academic experience abroad is a plus.
We want you to give your best, so we have a bonus system based on performance.
We look forward to your development, so there are various Training and Knowledge Sharing programs to choose from.
We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way: you’ll have access to the internal games library, to goodies and games.
We want you to feel great at the office, so there are various utilities in UBISOFT building, such as a large Cafeteria, recreation rooms, bike rental service etc.
Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system, and to the doctor on-site.
And, most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment!
If interested, please apply at Localization Specialist – Spanish Language (Quality Management) [ubisoft.com]