At Ubisoft, we are writing the future of entertainment. As a major player in video games in the world, we are also investing in new areas and new territories to stay ahead of the game and reach out to increasingly numerous and varied audiences.
Our IT teams are central to these developments. Whether for our players or for our employees, they guarantee services and infrastructures up to the greatest technological challenges.
To meet them, we are looking for engineers who want to move the lines. Your ideas, your knowledge, your interactions… will have an impact on the work or play experience of thousands of people around the world. On a daily basis, we will trust you and give you the means and flexibility to carry out your projects, from A to Z, with a concern for quality and service that meets our ambitions.
The position is to be filled in Paris, in the IT department of Ubisoft’s International Headquarters, and more particularly within the “Enterprise Infrastructure” team whose mandate is to manage the internal infrastructure of Ubisoft as well as our workstations. , emails and collaborative tools. The global team is divided by specialties: Network, Windows, Linux, Storage & Compute.
The Network team has 18 administrators around the world divided between offices in Paris, Bucharest, Montreal and Shanghai.
As a Linux System Administrator within the network team, you will ensure the connectivity of the studios to the Ubisoft backbone as well as the maintenance of their infrastructures up to date. You will also actively participate in the development of the Ubisoft infrastructure by working in close collaboration with the Network & Linux architects.
Ubisoft relies on Opensource technologies for certain sensitive parts of its infrastructure, so today we are looking for a passionate person who will be able to put their Linux experience forward to improve the quality, stability and efficiency of our systems.
As such, your missions will be as follows:
- Respond to level 2 & 3 incidents but above all analyze the causes in detail in order to improve our systems
- Troubleshoot of complex issues, scalability and availability
- Define and monitor performance indicators for infrastructure systems
- Develop monitoring tools and automate the process of updating our systems
- Actively participate in infrastructure development projects for our sites
- Carry out innovative technological projects jointly with the architecture teams.
- Higher diploma in computer science, engineering school or equivalent;
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a Linux and Network System Administrator.
- Linux (CentOS): performance diagnostics, automation / scripting, management and / or configuration of high activity / criticality environments
- Mastery of industrialization principles with Ansible
- Expertise in scripting (Python, Bash, Perl …)
- Good knowledge of TCP / IP and L2 / L3 protocol (switching / routing)
- Fluent English imperative, we are not looking for someone who is bilingual, but you have to be able to understand and make yourself understood in English without any problem.
- Good understanding of the different parts of the IT infrastructure (storage, virtualization, hardware);
- WiFi skills;
- Knowledge of IPV6 protocol;
- Interest in video games.
If interested, please apply at Linux System and Network Administrator (ubisoft.com)