The Senior IT Support Analyst serves as first and second level field support for company sites throughout the EMEAI region. The primary responsibility of this role is to be the primary line of IT support for local and remote users. This position is responsible for responding to IT support requests from end users via incoming telephone calls/email communications/trouble tickets and assisting on users requests, and other duties as assigned. Due to the customer facing nature of this role, interpersonal and communication skills are crucial.
- Build strong relationships with team members and develop effective team processes to meet organizational goals
- Exercise effective communication techniques with an emphasis on coordinating strategic events and increasing awareness of elevated reactive situations
- Understand, utilize, and improve the in place processes to align great customer service with SLA requirements
- Contribute to the efficiency and improvement of the IT organization by identifying, resolving, and eliminating issues
- Communicate, evaluate, and set desired outcomes for IT Support Vendors within Ascends remote offices.
- Research, resolve, and respond to end-user issues/problems/questions received via email, telephone calls, walk-ups, etc., and provide hardware, and application support, such as PC, Network Printers, Smartphones, in accordance with current standards and SLA’s.
- Work with users, support analysts, and other IT teams to appropriately diagnose the nature of company problems and resolve software, hardware and telephone device issues as well as access requests and other support requests/troubleshooting
- Responsible for imaging, configuration and deployment of new Windows workstations and any/ all Desktop software
- Support as required for Radio Frequency devices, Handhelds and Wireless Access Points
- Answer inquiries received at the Help Desk and accurately classify, prioritize and record the service requests
- Special projects as identified
- Schedule and evaluate work done by 3rd party IT support vendors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Microsoft operating systems and office products
- Experience with Dell desktops and laptops and Apple products (iPads, iPhones and Macbooks)
- Printer configuration and support
- Networking – Cisco switches and wireless AP’s
- VoIP phones and systems
- Excellent Customer Support skills
- Good leadership qualities
- Able to work within a fast paced, changing, high energy environment
- Able to communicate effectively within a virtual team environment
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Detail Oriented
- Proactive; internal drive to continuously and successfully meet goals
- Mentoring and escalation support for level 1 IT Support
- Bachelor degree in IT or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting applications, hardware, and windows operating systems
- Experience in supporting an environment of > 100 users
- Able to travel up to 20% if needed.
- Ability to make IT industry support decisions based on best practice and experience.
- Able to troubleshoot complex issues within an enterprise environment independently or with other IT support teams including but not limited to networks, servers, enterprise applications, desktop applications, desktop hardware, etc…
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Language requirements: English/Italian/French (Dutch: nice to have)
- Able to lift and carry equipment such as printers, PC’s and monitors:
- Must be able to lift up to 20 KG
- Able to push/pull up to 10 KG
- Able to carry 5 KG or less
- Able to climb up to 5 flights of stairs
Why work at Ascend?
Our vision is to be the recognized leader in the nylon 6,6 value chain, creating new possibilities with PA66 for everyone, everywhere, every day. We achieve that through living our Ascend values.
We care . We operate safely with high integrity for our employees, our customers and our communities. Our people are our greatest assets, and our Total Rewards Program extends beyond traditional benefits to include access to on-site medical clinics at our U.S. facilities, a global wellness rewards program and Performance Matters, an employee-driven recognition plan. Our Commitment to Zero demonstrates our belief that is it possible to operate with zero personal injuries, zero process safety incidents and zero environmental releases. And the Ascend Cares Foundation, led by Ascend employees, supports Ascend families in times of need, provides inspiring opportunities for community engagement and facilitates community leadership.
Customer-focused . We exist for our customers; they drive our actions. Their success is our success. Our plastics and chemicals are building blocks that help make everyday essentials safer and more sustainable, and we constantly strive to develop new and innovative products to meet the future needs of our customers. And that customer focus doesn’t only apply to the marketplace – it also applies to how we treat our colleagues and our fellow community members.
Better every day . We invest in our people and our processes to improve every day. A2E, our continuous improvement program, guides the way we do business. And this way of problem solving applies not only to our manufacturing practices but also to our commitment to developing our people. You’ll see it during your career at Ascend in our leadership development, skills training and mentoring programs
Agile . We think broadly and lead proactively in a constantly evolving organization and industry. Agility doesn’t mean simply working quickly – it means critical thinking, creative problem solving and novel approaches to everyday challenges.
One Ascend . All together, with a common set of goals and an eye toward the future. We don’t accept silos. We look for ways to share across departments, sites and geography. This means you won’t be boxed into a single role at Ascend – you could get the chance to work with teams across the globe to improve the way we serve our people, our customers and our communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
If interested, please apply at Lead IT Support Analyst, Europe (indeed.com)