Make a real difference supporting Linux systems users/clients at a fast-growing and dynamic IT organization.
Group Three IT Consultants is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Linux Systems Administrator to support our growing IT infrastructure. We have many high-impact applications and are developing more in cloud-based Linux environments.
The company supports a diverse range of clients in various industries, and offers a vibrant and intellectually stimulating work environment to its staff — currently numbering over 50, but steadily growing.
The Linux Systems Administrator will be a critical member of the informatics group and will provide orchestration, automation, support, troubleshooting, backup and guidance for all of the company’s Linux-based systems. He or she will report to the IT Team/Leader (Senior sys-admin) and will work with internal software developers team and external clients for support purposes.
Specific tasks will include:
- Managing, building, troubleshooting Linux servers in cloud-hosting environments like Rackspace/AWS/Google/OpenStack
- Capacity and scaling management of high-traffic servers
- Configure firewalls, DNS and all software requirements of servers using an automation tool like Ansible
- Manage, backup and scale PostgreSQL and MySQL databases
- System automation using bash and python shell scripting
- Assist with large data transfers via S3, Ceph, Aspera, Globus and GridFTP
- Exposure to following softwares are a plus Postfix, Dovecot, OpenChange, Bacula/Bareos, Puppet and/or Icinga
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or related field, 3–5 years’ experience administering Linux servers, excellent oral and written communication skills, detail-oriented and responsive to requests, patient, friendly and willing to find reasonable solutions. A strong understanding of Linux systems, web application stacks, Git, Ansible and Bash and Python scripting are required. Experience with high traffic sites a plus.
To apply, send CV/resume to email@example.com with email subject set to JID# 1198