About the job
Are you up for a successful grown-up start-up headquartered in Berlin-Friedrichshain?
smava is one of the biggest fintech employers and has received several awards, including the prize for Top Employer 2020 and for being one of the 50 most promising start-ups in Europe.
Become part of the smava story now and let us grow together!
We are smava – the online credit comparison. We make loans transparent, fair and affordable!
To support our Instant Loan Team with 5 members we are looking for you in full-time as a:
Java Backend Developer (m/f/d) – FinTech Application
smava’s Software Engineering department unites several technical teams responsible for the development of a different area of our platform. As a Java Backend Developer (m/f/d) – FinTech Application you will take part in developing and maintaining the microservice applications within the Banking Domain.
The Banking Domain is the closest to our business partners, which are among the largest banks in Europe. Entire smava’s traffic together with the partners’ communication is directed here to the core of the system and then orchestrated and processed by multiple engines.
Our challenges are, above all, effectively reacting to product, interfaces and load changes. By introducing the latest technology, we start building extremely efficient – even on high load – the system of specialised engines. By working in cross-functional teams closely together with Data Science, Product, Platform, Business and Data Analytics, Financial Cooperation, Sales and Data Warehouse we make the best use of data and science.
- Java Spring framework (DI, Security, Scheduling, Tx, Spring REST, Spring AOP)
- Spring Cloud Netflix (e. g. Eureka, Ribbon)
- Messaging JMS / AMQP
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- Being able to investigate the Java (Spring) code fast and independently within a microservices environment
- Prepare and explain technical concepts to your less senior colleagues
- Examine dependencies between components
- Understand the business domain and be able to identify automated test strategies
- Deliver good-quality code on time
- Identify potential ways to improve and ease production delivery (alerts, reports, monitoring)
- Proven track record in a tech-first fast-growing environment (ideally within the fintech area)
- Agile working experience
- Delivered and maintained 3 commercial projects to production (by major contribution)
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Java development
- At least 2 years of experience in developing microservices
- Proven track record of solving problems with outstanding results
- Experience in building distributed, scalable and resilient infrastructure
- Proven expertise with messaging services (e.g. RabbitMQ or JMS)
- SQL data management knowledge
- Good understanding of software design patterns and best practices
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and team members
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Some experience with CI/CD
- Passion for software development and engineering challenges
- Feedback oriented
What we offer
- Employer-funded pension
- Up to 10 Child-Sickness-Days per year
- Internal career development programs
- Onboarding support (e.g. assistance visa application/work permit, German health insurance, accommodation)
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidies for lunch (smunch.co) and public transport ticket (VBB Umweltkarte)
- Discounts for selected fitness studios (e.g. John Reed, McFit, Superfit)
- Free inhouse German course on different levels: beginners to advanced
- Product Demos: Once a week during lunch, the Product and Engineering Teams demonstrate new features or product changes (digital)
- Educational Friday: Once a month on Friday, the Marketing Team presents different Marketing topics & campaigns (digital)
- Special Events (e.g. Hackathons, digital Pub-Quiz, virtual team events)
- Open communication, flat hierarchy and fast execution
- Smart colleagues from all around the world (40 nationalities)
- A well-established online company with start-up flair
- A modern and centrally located office in Berlin-Friedrichshain on 4 floors with rooftop terrace, treehouses, couches, PS4 and table tennis for work, retreat and exchange
If interested, please apply at Java Backend Developer (m/f/d) – FinTech Application [linkedin.com]