Marsh – both as a leading company in Belgium and as part of a leading worldwide group – offers exciting job opportunities and development perspectives.
Marsh IT department manages various applications which are used globally. All main development is done using offshore vendors (IBM / Accenture / LTI) based in offshore locations. The core knowledge of the applications is being maintained in the Marsh Belgium IT department.
To strengthen its IT team in Brussels we are looking for an IT Technical Analyst to support the implementation of ongoing / new projects within the fiduciary (mainframe) service centre managed out of Brussels. The fiduciary platform running on zOS mainframe (COBOL/VSAM/DB2) is servicing over 30 countries across Europe & Africa and is growing every year. You will be joining an experienced team and will be working closely with our nearshore partners and other Marsh IT support teams across the globe.
- Participate in the functional / technical analysis and challenge the scoping of the project
- Ensure proper change management (in coordination with business teams) & issue management processes
- Produce functional and technical documentation
- Provide technical support for development team (able to read/understand existing code)
- From 10 to 15 years of relevant experience
- Able to challenge workload estimates and technical solutions
- Excellent communication skills at all level (business / development team)
- Rigorous with a strong focus on details
- Must have a “can do” attitude
- Able to think “out of the box”
- Fluent in English and at least in French or Dutch
- Knowledge of the insurance or financial sector is an advantage
- Experience with offshore development model is an advantage
- Knowledge Mainframe IBM is an advantage
- Developer background is an strong advantage
- Teaching/training capabilities
- Ability to read & understand COBOL programs
In addition to a varied function with the leading insurance broker and risk advisor, we offer a competitive salary package in accordance with your experience. We also offer numerous extra-legal benefits. Within Marsh, you will have many development opportunities, as well as a friendly and pleasant work environment. Interested, please apply via online tool!
Marsh is the leading insurance broker and risk advisor in Belgium. Over 420 people working in our Belgian offices – Brussels, Antwerp, Liège, Aalst and Roeselare – provide risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing and insurance program management services for businesses, public sector organizations, trade associations and individuals. Marsh Belgium is part of Marsh & McLennan Companies which has over 75,000 people working across the globe.
If interested, please apply at IT Technical Analyst at Marsh and McLennan (indeed.com)