At Ubisoft, we are writing the future of entertainment. As a major player in video games in the world, we are also investing in new areas and new territories to stay ahead of the game and reach out to increasingly numerous and varied audiences.
Our IT teams are central to these developments. Whether for our players or for our employees, they guarantee services and infrastructures up to the greatest technological challenges.
To meet them, we are looking for people who want to change the lines. Your ideas, your knowledge, your interactions… will have an impact on the work or play experience of thousands of people around the world. On a daily basis, we will trust you and give you the means and flexibility to carry out your projects, from A to Z, with a concern for quality and service that meets our ambitions.
The position is to be filled in the IT department of Ubisoft, and more particularly within the Engineering and Platform team. The Engineering and Platform team is the creative engine behind the “Ubisoft IT Platform” project: a single platform, offering Ubisoft teams and studios access to a set of cloud services and infrastructure in a transparent and self service.
In addition to allowing them to focus on their core business, the Ubisoft IT Platform will offer many key services and products to our game development studios (access console, secret management, authentication, database management, API gateway, monitoring and invoicing dashboard…).
The Engineering and Platform department is made up of several engineering teams operating in Agile mode. As a Team Lead, your role is to take responsibility for one or more of these development teams (5-6 people).
As such, your missions will be as follows:
- Manage a team of developers in charge of the back-end development of the platform (API and micro-services developed in Go and Python);
- Support the team in the evolution and optimization of the services for which it is responsible;
- Promote best development practices;
- Work closely with product teams and architects to continuously improve and innovate our product portfolio;
- Pilot technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and constantly evolving environment;
- Keep up to date on emerging technologies and new development practices;
- Create a working environment based on trust, communication and creativity by encouraging risk taking and continuous improvement.
- Higher diploma in computer science, engineering school or equivalent;
- Minimum 8 years experience in development teams including 3 years minimum as Team Lead or Manager.
- Solid experience in web design and development (REST, gRPC etc…);
- Understanding of DevOps mechanisms and automation topics;
- Mastery of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban or other);
- Ability to give feedback and help others grow;
- Excellent listening, communication and empathy skills;
- Ability to undertake several actions simultaneously, delegate and prioritize tasks;
- Fluent English essential: part of the team is in Montreal and the other in San Fransisco.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Docker, Ansible and / or Kubernetes;
- Past experience in teams partly in remote;
- Interest in video games.
If interested, please apply at IT Team Lead PaaS (ubisoft.com)