Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results – all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
IT Strategy Consulting
Sourcing & Vendor Management
Backed with the insight of Gartner research and events, Gartner Consulting help clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve.
Due to current success, Gartner is in the process of expanding its high-performance EMEA Sourcing & Vendor Management practice.
Responsibilities of the role;
Operating at the C-Level, you will assist our clients in delivering one or more Sourcing service offerings e.g Application, Infrastructure, Networks, Cloud in all areas of full lifecycle Sourcing management – Strategy, Supplier Selections, Contracting, Negotiations and Vendor Management.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading complex project teams and project/engagement planning for
- major engagements
- Managing project teams by developing work plans and managing project
- execution timelines and budgets
- Developing long-term client relationships within an engagement leading to
- repeat business opportunities
- Directing the development of proposals and identifying optimal client solutions
- and communicating the Gartner value proposition
- Scoping and qualifying opportunities
- Initiating opportunities for new business and leads sales pursuits
- Participating in the development of account plans and being actively involved
- in the development and growth of strategic client accounts
- Leading the identification of project issues performing root cause analysis
- and developing recommendations that meet client needs
- Directing the development of verbal and written project communications in
- formal and informal settings to senior audiences
- Delivering complex and/or sensitive communication
- Monitoring risk mitigation activities to ensure risks are satisfactorily
- Managing the contact with client executives; planning and facilitating critical
- Providing leadership and quality control for all deliverables
- Ensuring the client receives status updates and that identified problems are
- Monitoring clients’ expectations and overseeing revisions to project scope
- Leads and actively drives expertise/insight into the delivery of solutions
- Delivering a complete solution in a complex environment
- Transferring the understanding of a client’s “business,” critical success
- factors and the business environment in which it operates
- Anticipating and addressing customer service requirements
- Developing alternative approaches to address complex client requirements
- and developing discussion proposals
- Demonstrating knowledge sharing within and outside of engagement setting
- 8+ years’ experience in Management Consulting and/or Advisory
- related Consulting engagements, ideally with a top-tier firm.
- At least 6 years’ experience as a sourcing advisor. In addition to a broader
- experience in IT service management, service integration, ITIL, COBIT
- and similar processes.
- Previous experience working in complex sourcing client environments
- including product centric strategies, multi-vendor ecosystems and large
- scale bi–modal delivery models.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advantageous to have experience in Application strategy, IT Strategy, IT
- Operating model definition, Digital Strategy, IT Service definition, IT
- Service Catalogs.
- Must be comfortable working with large amounts of sensitive client data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics
- and/or other Quantitative discipline
- Proven background in MS Office Suite – specifically and importantly
- expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communication skills with proven ability to handle
- multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work fully independently and lead delivery teams with some
- oversight from manager
- Fluent in English, and Dutch or French.
If interested, please apply at IT Strategy Consulting – Sourcing Expert (indeed.com)