As an IT Server & LAN administrator, you will be part of the team which is responsible for Carmeuse’s global server park, storage and LAN’s and which is providing the support on these systems as part of IT’s Global Service Delivery.
In this role you will manage and execute the implementation, configuration and support of systems focusing on continuous service improvement; working closely with the other teams to ensure adherence to standards and to aid with the implementation of IT’s Global Service Delivery.
The successful candidate should have a technical background and be service minded.
What you will achieve:
- Build strong relations with business users and IT team members to better learn and understand the methods in which IT hardware, software and networks are utilized throughout the company
- Work with system users and IT team members on the server, storage and LAN/WAN system requirements, improvements and support
- Make recommendations to business and IT teams on how to improve server, storage, LAN and WAN environment usage and operations
- Participate in and lead projects from a technical perspective, assist and advise the Global PMO with respect to major projects and changes
- Manage your work load, project plans, deliverables and goals
- Ensure project timelines and goals are established, communicated, followed and reported upon
- Adhere to corporate IT audit controls, security and change management procedures, quality control processes and documentation standards.
- Facilitate a proactive approach to business and IT support by executing and encouraging team members to query users concerning needs relating to analysis and usage of the IT infrastructure
- Keep abreast of new technologies and offerings that will enable the business to improve its use of IT Infrastructure
- Develop, implement and maintain formal processes and procedures to ensure company data is secured and accessed in an efficient manner
- Assist in the development of project and department budgets including return on investment calculations
- Manage vendor relationships
- Any additional duties as assigned by management
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in the area mentioned above
- Project management and experience involving system implementations
- A clear ability to articulate technical detail to a non-technical audience; verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate flexibility
- Demonstrate innovative and “out of the box” thinking
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed multi-cultural team.
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Open to travel of up to 25%
- Knowledge of storage systems based on ISCSI or NFS technology is a plus
- Scripting skills / experience (Power Shell) will be beneficial
- Good knowledge of Microsoft server systems – mainly Windows server, MS Exchange, basic MS SQL, MS Azure and cloud services
- Deep knowledge of VMware
- Knowledge (mainly Cisco) of routers, switches, firewalls, security monitoring systems, switches, data & telecommunications, wireless, virtual private network, VoIP and video equipment
Company is active in mining and metals and hires up to 5.000 Employees