QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years’ experience of managing large-scale programs involving significant technology delivery, especially software engineering
- Ability to engage and influence at senior (and all) levels of a client organisation
- Strong understanding and experience of effective program governance i.e. enabling timely decision making within an organisation
- Solid understanding of program management methodologies and their practical application
- Risk management – understanding and practical experience of strategies to manage risk on large scale programs
- Benefits realisation – understanding and practical experience of working with sponsors to enable and realise business benefits
- Agile champion/waterfall expert – strong understanding of agile/waterfall ways of working
- Business content i.e. the experience of industry or broad executive experience across industries, knowledge of how businesses work (at least in a generic way)
- Ability to learn quickly and establish credibility thorough an understanding of client’s business and distilling problem sets
- Technology savvy – does not need to be able to write code, but needs to understand how the technology works and how it can enable business outcomes
- Collaborative team worker
- Commercially aware
- Experience of complexity
- Proficient in English
We are looking for a senior, experienced program manager to help our internal clients structure and execute healthy programs to achieve successful business outcomes. Candidates need to be senior leaders and have highly effective influencing skills to be credible with clients at senior levels up to and including board / ‘C’-level and have managed multi-million pound, multi-year programs.
We are primarily looking for people with real world experience of running large-scale IT global change, transformation & integration programs within complex organisations. Those programs will have included significant technology delivery as well as people and process change.
We need applied practitioners who solve problems rather than take a “tick box” approach. In addition, suitable candidates will have business content i.e. working knowledge of the business in one or more industry sector, that confers credibility and influence with senior clients.
Candidates must be comfortable and capable of structuring and running new programs from scratch, as well as assessing the health of in-flight programs, making recommendations and taking remedial action as required.
Successful candidates must be agile champions and ideally have experience of running programs in agile environments but as well must have experience with waterfall methodologies.
It is desirable for candidates to have a solid understanding of program management methodologies and their application, and may have relevant qualifications e.g. MSP, but these are not prerequisite.
- Partner with internal clients, colleagues and third parties as required to structure and execute programs that enable successful business outcomes
- Partner with business sponsors to realise business outcomes and benefits
- Lead teams with direct and indirect (e.g. matrix) reporting responsibility
- Lead program lifecycle since initiation until closure
- Work closely with internal disciplines and other internal stakeholders to develop and disseminate best practice
Please apply here or send you resume at email@example.com