To reinforce our IT Team at headquarters (Ghent), we are currently looking for a:
IT Process Development Consultant (Operations)
Main objective of the role:
The function of IT Process Development Consultant (Operations) grows a specialist knowledge in one or more areas of the Operations domain (PP – Production Planning; WM – Warehouse Management; QM – Quality Management; PM – Plant Maintenance; PLM – Product Lifecycle Management). For that area he/she is the principal point of contact for developing and maintaining the process concepts. Next to that he/she stays in touch with knowledge evolutions and keeps a healthy interest in all applications supported by IT Service and IT Process Development team. The IT Process Development Consultant is also responsible for rolling out the concepts and for coordinating the roll-out between business and external parties.
Your role & responsibilities:
Enhance processes and applications with a longer-term vision and design concepts / solutions to realise requested functionality:
- The IT Process Development Consultant has an in-depth view on the technical possibilities of all applications and systems in his/her specific process domain. Together with the Business Process Owners and stakeholders he/she will challenge the current technical situation and propose changes for future improvement.
Guard and manage changes of implemented process concepts, applications and technologies cross business units:
- The IT Process Development Consultant must be aware of all technical changes done to all applications and systems in his/her specific process domain and he/she will evaluate the proposed change against set-up and alignment of the concept in good communication with the Business Process Owners and the IT Management. If the decision was taken to adapt the concept, the change must be well documented and communicated to the Business Process Owners and the IT Management. The IT Process Development Consultant is responsible for the setup and customizing in the system and for the translation of business requirements towards the development colleagues where necessary.
Look for new features within the process, applications and technologies of the Operations Domain:
- The IT Process Development Consultant must be aware of new opportunities/functions within the applications in his/her specific technical domain.
Be able to give technical support for all applications supported by the IT Operations team:
- The IT Process Development Consultant must have a good technical knowledge of all applications supported by his/her colleagues in the IT Operations team in order to be able to give technical support for those applications.
You will be working at our locations in Ghent.
You report directly to the IT Team Lead Operations.
- You hold a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Informatics or other. Relevant experience as SAP Consultant is a plus.
- You have an energetic and self-motivated approach to solving problems and driving solutions.
- You are solution seeker in a fast and accurate manner. You have the ability to work effectively in a high pace environment.
- You are able to defend standards, enhance the longer-term vision for your process domain and inform the IT Team and colleagues on strategic information for your domain towards the future.
- You have strong organizational and project skills and the ability to work in a project environment. You are diligent in documenting the solutions.
- You are an excellent communicator and coordinator.
- You are both a cooperative team player and able to work independent on your domain tasks.
- You have excellent knowledge of MS Office. Technical knowledge of other software packages like Microsoft O365 is also an extra asset.
- You are pragmatic and problem-solving.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal, in English and French/Dutch.
Working at Vandemoortele
Working at Vandemoortele, you will get all the chances to grow within a people oriented and value driven environment, where cooperation, respect and ambition are key. With headquarters based in Belgium you will be part of an international company having a dynamic, driven, ambitious and collegial atmosphere. We believe a more organic, flexible culture leads to a healthier work-life balance, motivates employees and ensures that we can work well together towards even better outcomes.
You will participate is a culture built on thrust, empowerment, self-management and shared leadership, a culture where we all share the same sense of responsibility to getting the job done.
If interested, please apply at IT Process Development Consultant (indeed.com)