IT Ops Engineer
Your role & work environment
You are an energetic Ops Engineer with a passion for IT and positive can-do mindset. You are a team player working as a core member of a multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whom primary driver is the customer perspective. Close collaboration within and across the squads and with the consumer is of utmost importance for you.
You have a broad and diverse set of competencies that allow you to bring into production and under management, operate, solve incidents and even decommission the applications and/or infrastructure services of your squad, and that allow you to automate as much of the operating and maintenance work as possible.
As an IT Ops Engineer –WPS (Workplace Services) Engineer, you contribute to accomplishing the squad’s mission. You do this by working on the customer journey from the backlog, using the Agile method end-to-end. You continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
- provide advice to and assist the customer in defining the requirements
- translate customer requirements into a service offer/delivery
- follow up on agreed SLA’s, reporting, quality of service delivery in general
- run service improvements together with the supplier
- conduct yearly contractual document reviews (OLA’s,…)
- follow up on customer satisfaction (NPS score for Global WPS contract) and implement improvements
- provide input for customer communication (technical instructions,…)
- keep up with the technical evolution of the product/service to advice the customer properly and to improve services/product
- manage contract changes for the local ISA (Isolated Service Agreement) of the Global WPS contract or local contracts
- deliver input for changes on the WPS Global contract or local contracts
- deliver yearly MTP figures
- follow up on monthly financials (actual vs MTP)
- approve/dispute invoices and follow up
- seek for cost effectiveness and reduction
- liaise and facilitate between supplier and ING ITIL people regarding the ITIL processes in general
- SPOC for WPS (and non WPS) escalations (functional or hierarchical) in case the usual process has not been followed or has failed
- collaborate with Global WPS Product Owners by sharing (technical) expertise, providing (technical)solutions…
- participate to the Global WPS governance (operational and strategic meetings with Global WPS and/or suppliers)
- manages contractual changes
- contribution and sharing (technical) expertise in RFI/RFP journey’s
- lead and/or contribute in project implementations of services
- local ownership of some general purpose packages e.g., Acrobat software,…
- involvement in the contract negotiations
- initiate PO’s
- manage the local financials/invoices
- provide the software for installations to the users
- capacity management by e.g. a yearly true-up (how many users are using it ? need for extra licenses?)
- in collaboration with Global SAM lead some initiatives like e.g. diminish some software, replacement by more cost efficient packages…
- make sure risk&compliance rules are understood, recognized and implemented by the supplier
Contribute to the new way of working
- You work together with colleagues from other areas of expertise and take initiative in expanding knowledge (both within and outside of your area of expertise) that is relevant for the Tribe in which you work.
- You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to all sprint events (planning, refinements, retrospectives, demos).
- Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the mission, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
Contribute to team and personal development
- You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
- As an experienced Ops Engineer WPS Engineer, you coach less experienced colleagues to help their individual development.
- You are responsible for developing your own expertise.
- You gather, update and spread knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As an Ops Engineer WPS Engineer you will also need:
Skills and competences
- Passion for IT
- Strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development
- IT market focus: seeking for major trends in the new way of working, including Lean IT, continuous delivery, cloud processes, robotics, etc.
- Problem solving skills to structure and improve complex situations
- End-to-end ownership mindset: Independent and autonomous in completing tasks, taking responsibilities whenever needed as always striving for consumer value
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Eager to learn and ability to coach others
- Strong customer experience focus
Experience and specialised knowledge
- Experience working in Agile organization and good understanding of Agile/DevOps practices and methodologies (Agile/Scrum, Scaling, Continuous Delivery, automated testing)
- Experience with IT Service management/Supplier management/Outsourcing management
- Experience with ITIL processes
- Broad understanding of IT, technologies, banking business domains and customer needs
- Experience with Windows 10, O365, Outlook…
Education and Professional certifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent by experience
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in IT Service management/Supplier management
- Certifications and/or proven proficiency in ITIL Foundation or Processes
- Good written and spoken knowledge of English, French and Dutch
If interested, please apply IT Ops Engineer (indeed.com)