About the Role
The IT Technician is responsible for the deployment, support and correct functioning of information technology architecture within the site(s) of a country. The incumbent reports to Regional IT Country Supervisor. The role has no supervision responsibility.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Focus on the local IT operations, cover local LAN, clients (desktops, laptops, printers), local print/file servers and Telecom (Voice & Mobile Data) in line with the Group’s IT strategy.
- Deploy and support local IT Infrastructure for the site(s) in scope : PC’s, printers, LAN, local servers, telephony (fixed, mobile)…. in line with Group IT standards.
- Participate in Corporate IT projects which impact the supervised site(s).
- Ensure professional “daily operations” of the IT infrastructure components, against SLA’s and targeted cost levels and within the agreed procedures and guidelines.
- Manage the local IT OPEX and CAPEX budgets against predefined targets – locally roll-out cost improvement / efficiency projects.
- Manage local vendor relations for locally provided services.
- Ensure a professional follow up of all end user requests and works towards solutions within agreed SLO timeframes (technical support, assistance, training).
- Keep up to speed with “best-practice” evolution in his/her respective technical area (market trends, adoption of technology by other multinational companies).
- Diploma / Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or similar vocational education
- 1-4 years of relevant work experience in an IT field preferably within an international company
- Proficient in the IT infrastructure tools of the BC group for LAN (wired and wifi), clients (desktops, laptops, tablets, multifunctional printers), local print/file servers (with virtualization), telecom voice & data (VOIP)
- Experience with endpoint management software (Altiris, other)
- Dutch and English – Fluent
If interested, please email your CV at email@example.com