Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider.
Driven by a commitment to sound operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, devices, and cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products, and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world’s population. With employees, Huawei is committed to enabling the future information society, and building a Better Connected World. We invest over 10% of our annual sales revenue into R&D and more than 45% of our employees engage in R&D.
Leveraging our experience and expertise in the ICT sector, we help bridge the digital divide and promote high-quality broadband connectivity for all. As an advocate of socioeconomic sustainability, we make every effort to support secure and stable network operations, and help customers and industries improve efficiency to drive low-carbon economic growth. By localizing our operations and building a global value chain, we help local innovators maximize their global value and share win-win outcomes.
Anywhere you are, Huawei is there. Join us for Building a Better Connected World.
We are looking for IT Infrastructure Engineer who is responsible for providing day-to-day support and subject matter expertise for Huawei’s clients supporting network and infrastructure. The technologies include Unix/Linux, SAN Storage, Oracle databases, backup solutions and network equipments.
- At least 1 – 2 years hands-on experience as an UNIX/Linux Engineer having database and virtualization skills
- Server and system configuration to deploy, test and integrate systems for large multi-tiered distributed software applications
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking equipments, UNIX/Linux OS’s accessing a SAN Storage and about storages configuration and Oracle databases
- Understanding of hardware/software integration issues and problem resolution
- Urge for digging deep to solve problems while keeping the systems running smoothly
- Incident and Problem Management skills – confident to analyze and solve problems of the network, OS, DB, hardware and software components, incident trend and root cause analysis
- Capacity to identify the risks / single point of failures in the infrastructure and to mitigate them
- Able to provide performance tuning and capacity forecasting
- Awareness of IT security issues as it relates to UNIX/Linux administration
- Work independently on projects if required whilst ensuring attention to detail, quality, time and customer satisfaction
- Good in writing design documents, manuals, reports and summaries in English
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
What are we offering?
- Competitive compensation package
- International work environment & traveling opportunities
- Professional & career development opportunities
- Opportunity to work as part of an international team with a network of colleagues across the world
- High exposure to senior mentors and benefit from mentoring relationships
- Meal vouchers
If interested, please apply at IT Infrastructure Engineer (bestjobs.eu)