As part of the company’s digital transformation our Client has launched a major program to rationalize and modernize its IT infrastructures and consolidate the existing IT operations to create a global organization.
The IT Service Delivery Manager oversees a number of key functions within the IT department that enable the delivery of a high quality service to end users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the IT team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
Directly reports to: Director Global Infrastructure & Operations
Directly supervises (operationally): Leads Service Delivery teams and/or project manager
Internally: Business Unit leaders, IT Applications managers, Engineering & integration Managers. IT Operations teams, IT enterprise & Technical architects, IT design Manager, IT Delivery Manager, Digital Workplace manager
Externally: Business Units, Cloud providers (public/private), vendors
Job scope: The IT Service Delivery Manager is responsible managing, rationalising and and modernizing service delivery for remote and geographically dispersed users with end-to-end service delivery.
Main Responsibility for:
- Maintain high performing service support functions including and IT Service Desk
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- As owner of the escalation process the IT Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
- Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimized and agreed
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems
- Drive internal and third-party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
- Ensure that training services are in place to educate staff on ITIL and service management processes
Quality, Performance, Continuous Improvement:
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance
- Effectively deliver/manage Staff Management including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance assessment
- Act as an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments.
- A passion for Services Improvement with critical results achieved
- Experienced Service Management (service based organisation) professional
- Previous consistent experience as a multi-cultural Team Lead or demonstrable experience in leading virtual teams
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Expert knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly capable to support and mentor junior staff
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working
- Excellent organizational skills
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritise and tasks and time efficiently
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
- Fluent English.
Nice to have:
- French/Spanish language speaker
- Knowledge of IT group organization, processes and stakeholders.
- ITIL Foundations
- Work experience: +10 years
- Minimum education level: Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, Computer Science or similar