We are looking for a broadly skilled IT Leader with strong expertise across IT functions (in particular in IT Production and IT Operations) to join us and play a central role in enabling our modernization of IT within Adecco.
Globally owns and further develops Event management processes to improve incident and problem responses and the quality of information recorded for incidents
This role provides the opportunity to further shape Adecco’s journey towards an increasingly reliable, stable and cost efficient IT service delivery capability. This role is expected to contribute be facilitating IT capability journey from being a reactive to a predictive function.
Reporting to and working with the Global Command & Control Manager (C&CC) within IT Service Support, Operations & Engineering Function (SSOE) unit of Adecco, this role offers an exciting opportunity to join one of the world’s best workplaces, to demonstrate your skills, establish capabilities to deliver substantial value and manage risk across a global landscape.
- Within the C&CC working together with the Duty Managers, Major Incident Managers and the representatives of Network UCC and Security regarding overall delivery of the C&CC
- Represent Event Management across the ITSM teams as the Global Process Owner (GPO) and lead the Community of Practice (CoP)
- Qualify Events into meaningful alerts to enable IT to mitigate outages and performance degradation before the business is impacted
- Identify opportunities for new automation to mitigate warning alerts
- Owns and implements the ITIL Event Management Continual Service Improvement Plans
- Enforce and recommend updates to the Event Management Policy
- Build, manage and improve the Event Management on-boarding requirements and acceptance criteria testing schedule
- Orchestrate any on boarding of new services into Event Management making sure all the capability requirements are met and providing approval to the process owner and on-boarding teams via the acceptance testing schedule
- Assist the Major Incident Managers in the event of an identified P1, P2 or declared Major Incident
- Have visibility of the forward schedule of change, making sure all suppression activities are in place at the right time to make sure false positive alerts are not generated
- Produce the required weekly Management Information (MI) and monthly service reports
- Own the monthly event service review both internally and with any external suppliers who partake in or provide Event Management services
- Deliver training on the process and procedure of Event Management to the event teams and wider departments of IT when necessary
- Monitor and report on the Event Management CSF’s and KPI’s ensuring any threat and breach of the metrics are captured, highlighted and deliver any necessary mitigating action to remediate
- Negotiate with segment / service providers on process improvements and raise any needed contract modifications to the Process owner to carry forward
- Work with Incident, Problem, Change Management and any other capability area to identify new or improved monitoring that leads to reduction of Incidents
- Work with Capacity & Availability Management to capture the required thresholds and desired activities to take place, transpose them into the Event Management tool and process on a CI by CI basis
- Work with Capacity & Availability Management to continuously monitor the thresholds set by them, looking for opportunities to tune so that service availability and the user experience is at the best levels it can be
- Work closely with the tooling team around development and support of infrastructure monitoring toolsets, their outputs and their integrations with the Manager of Managers
- Design, implement and maintain event and alert management rules and workflows
- Produce technical documentation, work instructions and guidance notes for supported toolsets
- Interface with the network, infrastructure, platform and application teams to expand depth and breadth of monitoring and centralised health and performance visibility via the Manager of Managers
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the IT infrastructure and monitoring within scope, identifying where improvements can be made and where documentation updates are required
- Experience of operating as an ITIL Event Manager in a mutli-disciplined service management team (ideally from within a NOC/SOC environment)
- Experience of implementing and supporting event management solutions, toolsets and methods of event aggregation from multiple sources such as SolarWinds, SCOM, Dell EMC ViPR, Dynatrace among others
- Knowledge of hybrid cloud, network, virtualisation, compute, database and storage technologies.
- Extensive experience of the IT Operations Management (ITOM) suite of capability within ServiceNow Most notably, the Event module
- Good understanding of current and emerging technologies and how these are applied in complex multi-vendor environments.
- Minimum 3-5 years Event Management experience
University degree preferably in a technical subject or any comparable education
Occasional (up to 20%)
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at IT Event Manager