As an IT Engineer you are passionate about IT infrastructure and related topics. In this position you will
be responsible, along with the global team, for managing the IT infrastructure for our Manufacturing Applications (IMA). This includes driving the development of solution concepts to provide those services to our plants and the optimization, implementation, and transition of a service with Linux, Oracle and application components into separate managed services.
The pioneering opportunity that comes with this position is to support the Vitesco Technologies spin off from Continental as a new, separate company. You will support rollouts, upgrades and replacements of the managed services in our data centers, manage 2nd and 3rd level incidents and accompany the implementation of complex changes.
You will be self responsibly partnering with our global internal and external stakeholders and customers, develop and implement your own ideas, work independently within the specified framework, and thus have a direct impact on
the success of the future Vitesco Technologies IT as well as on our business success.
- Operating System administration for SuSe Enterprise Linux and Oracle Linux.
- Oracle Database administration (12c/19c) incl. administration tools (Oracle Cloud Control 13c, Puppet Master).
- Support for around 30 production location on different infra components (Linux, Oracle and Application servers).
- Operation and coordination of the services in scope for the team.
- Closely collaborate with locations, business and other competence centers to translate business requirements into innovative IT concepts and IT architectures following our IT strategy.
- Lead meetings involving customers, Vitesco Technologies IT and partners to regular align of requirements and communicate progress.
- Execution of projects by managing communication, timing, milestones, actions, issues, risks, deliveries and dependencies related to other projects.
- Lifecycle management for the supported services (installation, configuration, migration and decommissioning) incl. coordination of rollouts, upgrades and replacements.
- Manage and support OS and DB backups, updates, patches, configuration changes, user management.
- Basic application support and collaboration to resolve issues impacting production (Prime, Middleware IBM MQ).
- Incident management and resolution (2nd & 3rd Level), partially together with other teams and underlaying services.
- Change Management for all supported services.
- Manage escalations towards internal and external partners.
- Follow up complex issues until they are resolved.
- Documentation management (Creation, Update, Versioning).
- Support team members on technical side and motivate them to foster teamwork to successfully achieve common team objectives.
Required skills and competencies:
- Academic/Master Degree in Computer Science / Information technology or equivalent.
- At least 3 years working with relevant technologies (Linux, Oracle and/or Data Center Administration).
- Knowledge of Service Management principles.
- Knowledge of Data Centre Technologies.
- Manufacturing Execution Systems Experience (preferable in Automotive industry)
- Linux Administration (Installation, OS network and storage administration, performance and troubleshooting, scripting, backup, updates), Oracle Database
- Administration (SQL and PS/SQL, Installation, Administration, Performance, Backup & recovery, RAC Administration, Migration/upgrade).
- Application level administration (Start/stop, basic troubleshooting, Concept understanding, etc). (Prime, MQ Middleware).
- Knowledge of specific project management and software delivery methodologies (eg Agile, Scrum, SAFe ).
- Multicultural skills.
- Quality Orientation.
- English Language Skills – advanced.