At Ubisoft, we are writing the future of entertainment. As a major player in video games in the world, we are also investing in new areas and new territories to stay ahead of the game and reach out to increasingly numerous and varied audiences.
Our IT teams are central to these developments. Whether for our players or for our employees, they guarantee services and infrastructures up to the greatest technological challenges.
To meet them, we are looking for engineers who want to move the lines. Your ideas, your knowledge, your interactions… will have an impact on the work or play experience of thousands of people around the world. On a daily basis, we will trust you and give you the means and flexibility to carry out your projects, from A to Z, with a concern for quality and service that meets our ambitions.
The position is open to the IT department of Ubisoft’s International Headquarters in Paris, more particularly within the “Enterprise Data” department. The Enterprise Data platform (EDP) migrates from Hadoop / Teradata technologies to Snowflake technology for centralization and transformation of group data. It currently relies on Tableau for reporting and data visualization.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be part of the team in charge of the “Player & Customer Management” perimeter which groups together game and customer relationship data, ie a large volume of data. The team is international (Paris, Bucharest, Montreal and San Francisco) and is responsible for the implementation of BI solutions for the analytical, CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and Customer Support teams.
In this team, the functional group, made up of Business Intelligence Analysts, regularly analyzes the needs of our internal partners, participates in the development of BI solutions and tests them in order to validate, document and present them. These responsibilities are exercised in active collaboration with functional and technical leads, developers and architects. The team working in agile methodology, collaboration with the product owner and the scrum master are also necessary.
The role of Business Intelligence Analyst is to make the link between business teams and technical teams to transform business needs into effective and sustainable BI solutions.
As such, your main missions will be as follows:
- Analyze and investigate the needs of business teams;
- Lead or participate in workshops to identify needs;
- Translate business needs into technical-functional specifications;
- Validate specifications with developers and architects;
- Develop and apply test cases to ensure the proper functioning of data flows;
- Perform complex SQL queries in order to extract data;
- Participate in reporting and data visualization activities;
- Participate in project documentation and knowledge sharing with users;
- Participate in support for users of the BI platform;
- Participate in agile meetings: daily stand-ups, sprint schedules, reviews and demos.
- Master in Information Systems or equivalent;
- First experience in the field of Business Intelligence and functional analysis.
Required Skills :
- Very good analytical mind in a “Data Warehousing” context;
- Ability to translate a business need into functional specifications – rigor and attention to detail;
- Ability to collaborate with business partners – openness;
- Very good command of SQL in the creation of complex queries and data extraction;
- Knowledge of database management systems;
- Knowledge of a reporting tool in developer mode;
- Fluent English imperative, some of the teams do not speak French.
- Experience in a Big Data environment;
- Good knowledge of customer data and CRM and Customer Support business processes;
- Knowledge of project management (if possible Agile methodology);
- An interest in the video game industry and experience as a gamer is a plus.
- Restaurant tickets, 50% refund of the transport ticket, 2 free video games per year, Ticket reduction (concerts / shows), access to the Ubisoft gym at preferential rates.
If interested, please apply at IT Business Analyst BI (ubisoft.com)