Cegeka is a leading European IT solutions provider. The company specializes in multi-cloud services, cloud orchestration, managed services and optimization of applications, infrastructure and business processes and takes care of the development and integration of applications, eco-systems and platforms.
We are setting up a new digital platform within the aviation sector. Do you want to be part of this new project as Integration Engineer?
What will you do?
- You and your team will be responsible for setting up and managing all technical enablers for secure communication channels, such as API Management for RESTful Web services, Event Streaming, Message Queueing, Web Sockets, SOAP, API Gateway, etc.
- You will be working with vendor solutions such as (but not guaranteed nor limited to) IBM API Connect, Solace Messaging, Kafka, Azure, e.a. To achieve this, you must have a good understanding of the different communication topologies, such as PubSub, Message Queueing, Distributed Eventlogs, Log Compaction, Full Duplex Communication, etc. These topologies will reside in a containerized hybrid cloud environment and rely on High Availability for mission critical systems.
- You will be advising application developers on what architectural design sets to choose, based on parameters such as reactiveness, (non-)blocking io, backpressure, etc. eg., you will be working with Kafka geo-replication features (Mirror Maker), set up multi-tenant and multiclustered environments, document partitioning strategies, integrate compaction log policies in platform contracts, validate OAuth 2.0 JWTaccess token signatures in API Gateway, etc. On top of that, these services must be rolled out with automated release pipelines and integrate with security information and event systems.
- You like working in a team and achieving goals together.
- You can work from any Cegeka location (Corda Hasselt, Ghent, Leuven, Antwerpen) or from home during these exceptional times. You are flexible, for meetings it can be easier to come to the office.
Who are we looking for?
- You have a Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science/IT or equivalent by experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a software engineer / integration engineer
- You must have good knowledge of API management, API Gateway, Kafka, Messaging, OpenAPI (Swagger), OpenShift, Kubernetes, Istio
- Having good knowledge of Hybrid Cloud, SecDevOps, Authorisation on the edge, AsyncAPI, CORBA, Pulsar, Azure, OAuth2.0, OIDC, PKI, TLS, Solace, RabbitMQ, SOAP, gRPC, Avro, AMQP, Confluent is a plus.
- You speak English fluently and have worked in an English speaking environment before, knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus.
- You are able to communicate well within your team and towards the client if applicable.
Why grow with Cegeka?
- You will work in a very interesting industry, namely the aviation sector.
- Intensive teamwork in an open and dynamic atmosphere where fresh new ideas and initiatives can be started.
- Tailor-made guidance, where you indicate where your interests lie and we look together how we can help you develop further.
- Knowledge sharing is central. We offer many initiatives for this: innovation centers, reading groups, knowledge sharing meetings, hackathons, participation in conferences and external training.
- Depending on your own interests and initiatives, Cegeka offers various horizontal and vertical career paths.
- In addition to the gross salary, a premium company car with fuel card, luncheon vouchers, interesting group and hospitalization insurance, mobile phone subscription, flat-rate expenses allowance and a powerful laptop, we offer flexible working hours and a nice work / life balance.
- Create your own compensation package thanks to our Flex Reward Plan.
If interested, please apply at Integration Engineer in Belgium (cegeka.com)