At Avast, we strive to give everyone the power to explore our shared digital world freely and safely. Our team is working to help shape the digital world to be a freer, fairer and safer place through the application of science, technology, and human ingenuity, and we are looking for people who share our passion to contribute to a better online world. Avast promotes a rich diversity of cultures, debates, and out-of-the-box thinking. Today, Avast is an FTSE 100 company that safeguards more than 435 million people worldwide, protecting their digital data, identity, and privacy.
The purpose of the role:
Avast extends its protection beyond the device to be also able to protect the user’s identity and privacy. We are looking for a researcher who will help us define and develop new Avast privacy and identity protecting products, that aim at allowing people to transition to passwordless authentication and to claim full ownership of their identities and full control over their data.
You will be focusing on research questions like:
- What data are Apps and websites collecting from consumers?
- What private data are consumers exposing inadvertently or deliberately and are they protected properly according to privacy regulations?
- How can consumers continue online activities without exposing private data unnecessarily?
- You will be learning, researching, and implementing the latest privacy technologies each week, so the willingness and ability to learn quickly and excitement for new things is a must.
- As a part of a larger team, help to build products(s) that protect users privacy and identity
- Assess identity and privacy risks that users are facing every day, identify signals/features that indicate the risk level, design alerting and risk scoring mechanisms, design risk mitigation mechanisms
- Learn and research new technologies rapidly, assessing privacy exposures, and suggesting mitigations
- Designing, developing, testing, and deploying privacy-enhancing solutions to address real-world privacy concerns, e.g. data anonymization or threat evaluation.
- Working with existing ones and developing new Machine Learning PoCs, turning them into the production-ready ML pipelines
- MLOps, communication with our internal data platform team and engineers from product teams
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details
- Proven experience in Artificial Intelligence (Data Mining, Natural Language Processing, Image Classification, Distributed Systems, or related field).
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or related technical field.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data frameworks (Spark, Hive)
- At least 2 years of experience in coding with one of the languages: Python, R, C/C++, or Java.
- Hands-on experience in building the interfaces around the model, building ML-pipelines (developing packages, automated workflows, REST APIs, database queries, etc.)
- Fluent in English
Considered as an advantage:
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Basic knowledge of privacy/cybersecurity
- Ability to tackle complex problems independently
- Strong communication, and organizational skills as well as presentation and visualization skills
- An exciting job in an international team of a growing and very successful company
- An exciting product portfolio
- Opportunities for professional growth
- An adequate performance-based salary
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Cafeteria benefit system, multisport card
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off)
- Quarterly bonus scheme
- New hire RSUs grant
- The chance to join a major global tech company
Sounds exciting? We look forward to hearing from you!
Avast does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR team, even in a situation when the relevant candidate is employed by Avast.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Identity&Privacy Protection Researcher