Amber Bucharest is looking for a General Counsel to oversee the activity of its Legal departments in Romania, United States, Canada, Mexico and other countries. Amber is one of the world’s leading game development agencies, working with some of the largest names in interactive entertainment, such as Disney, Amazon, Epic Games, NBC Universal and many others. The company is headquartered in Romania, self-funded, employee owned and built to last.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management;
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors;
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action;
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically;
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks;
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders;
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, clients);
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from the Legal team members;
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights;
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas;
- Keep abreast of legislative changes.
- Proven general counseling experience in an international business environment, operating in the national law environments of various countries;
- At least 10 years of experience at a top law firm or large corporation dealing with diverse multinational issues;
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor law, etc);
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations;
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives;
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen;
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas;
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills;
- First class interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”;
- BSc degree in Law or J.D. degree;
- Masters in Legal Studies from a top American university will be considered an asset;
- Games industry legal experience is preferable.
- The opportunity to grow and succeed together;
- An open environment where you can make a difference and you can own your decisions;
- Support from all your teammates;
- An attractive salary package with private medical services;
- Access to training and learning programs;
- Easy-to-access headquarters located in Charles de Gaulle Plaza.
If interested, please apply at General Counsel at Amber Studio [hipo.ro]