As a Gameplay programmer, your role is to develop the features, mechanics and building blocks that create the game experience. For that, you will work closely with the other job families to define the design of various features and handle their implementation, ensuring believability, good game feel, and player comfort.
You will deal with code in various fields of game programming, using the low level frameworks of the UI, audio, FX, engine, network subsystems to build your complete gameplay feature.
- Works directly with game designers, prototypes, and researches to make sure that various features are completely and realistically designed;
- Is in charge of assessing the technical feasibility of new features and the impact they bring on other modules and systems;
- Implements features focusing on the quality of interaction between the player and the game;
- Interacts with the multiple job families responsible to create assets for the game (game design, level design, art, FX, sound);
- Touches multiple programming fields – UI, audio, AI, network synchronization, engine – to obtain fully implemented features.
- Advanced knowledge of C++;
- Ability to work with a large amount of code inside a large team;
- Good software architecture skills are highly appreciated;
- Good game design abilities are also useful for a gameplay programmer;
- Knowledge of current games and the ability to reverse engineer features and mechanics;
- Understanding of other game development areas – UI, network, audio, animation etc.
- Good English communication skills.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- We want you to expand your knowledge, so we have a variety of trainings you can attend;
- We have a library at your disposal, where you can find specialized books on various skills, such as Programming, Level Design or Management;
- If you want to relax after work, you have video games and consoles which can be borrowed at any time;
- You can also borrow a Ubi bike during lunch time or in the weekends;
- If you’re into sports we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months.
If interested, please apply at Gameplay Programmer (Programming) (ubisoft.com)