The Security Development group at Zendesk build and maintain secure, reliable, and easy to use security features for all of Zendesks customers, products and services. Were a multi-functional group responsible for maintaining outstanding customer trust and safety by implementing and growing the next generation of security features. As the part of the glue that brings Zendesk products together, we often collaborate with other teams throughout the world.
Were expanding our group to add an additional scrum team, and were looking for a highly empathetic leader for the new team. This team will initially focus on improvements to the audit log, a customer-facing interface to show various changes within your Zendesk; the log saves a record of changes and allows our customers to navigate through the change history.
As the Team Lead, youll utilize both leadership skills and technical expertise to enable software engineers to deliver great work. Ideal candidates are experienced coders who can dive into the details when required, but know to prioritize team output over individual output. Your primary focus will be to ensure the team ships high quality, scalable software at a regular cadence, while maintaining a collaborative and inclusive team environment. Youll also need to be hands-on at times, initially spending a significant portion of your time on individual contributions.
What you get to do:
- Lead a team of software developers by example, while supporting your team members professional growth through active mentorship.
- Foster a highly collaborative, inclusive, and productive team.
- Work closely with Product Management, Design, and other partners to define and refine product features.
- Recruit, onboard and retain hardworking engineers.
- Set and ensure a high bar for quality; ensure the team’s output is well-structured, unit tested, and scalable.
- Keep your team up to date on meaningful engineering and business decisions.
- Build the processes that are right for your team, nurture their adoption, and evolve them based on what’s working and what isn’t.
What you bring to the role:
- You’re a skilled and self-sufficient engineer with a deep understanding of software development and experience building for scale.
- You are highly empathetic and emotionally intelligent, and you believe in prioritizing diversity, equity and inclusion in everything you do.
- You have experience in leadership within a development team, and are familiar with establishing standards, setting and communicating timelines, and guiding technical decisions.
- You are proficient in both frontend and backend technologies, and you’re comfortable working across the tech stack.
- You have an ability to build and nurture healthy relationships both within and external to the team.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at Engineering Team Lead, Audit Log (Remote US) (glassdoor.com)