We seek an experienced, technically strong Team Lead to work in support of major product deliverables on behalf of the company. He or She will be expected to be very hands on, delivering on projects and helping to architect and design the system flows required in support of the projects. He or she will contribute to fulfillment of the overall technical direction of the group dictated by the Global Development Lead.
You will take on the leadership of a local agile team of developers as part of a larger global digital team. You will take on responsibility for the solution design and overall strategy of the solutions your team develops and provide local direction, support and leadership as the team continues to grow.
Duties & Accountabilities:
- Technical delivery management and thought leadership to achieve goals
- Design and develop software solutions in an agile environment to solve complex financial business problems
- Immerse in the business domain, identifying innovative solutions and technologies that could benefit our business
- Communicate effectively with onshore & off-shore teams to capture requirements and relay team progress
- Work with the operations team to ensure technology platform is fit for purpose and acquire feedback for areas of improvement
- Provide technical direction, leadership and mentorship to a heterogeneous team of developers engaging in application support as well as strategic development
- Own project lifecycles, from conception through to maintenance and support
- Shadow offshore teams and occasionally provide out of hours support
You will be working in the Team in Bucharest. The division of the Company is a specialist provider of managed and installed data services, delivering world-class data, technology and service solutions focusing on the complex and evolving Index and ETF data needs. Used in the front, middle and back office by the world’s leading Investment Banks, Asset Managers, Fund Administrators, Prime Brokers and Hedge Funds.
Experience in team leading, people management, mentoring and guiding in successful career progression.
Extensive experience working with databases including SQL (SQL Server preferable) and NoSQL databases.
Experience with code repository and continuous integration tools such as Git & Artifactory
Demonstrable experience of working on highly transactional, available and scalable business critical systems
Good understanding of software architecture; understanding component and application breakdown and interaction
It’s a bonus if you also have:
- Understanding of financial markets & Index & ETF products
- Understanding and working knowledge of AWS cloud services (Lambda, SQS, SNS, S3, Dynamo DB, Step Functions, EC2, Fargate etc.)
- Critical thinker and have problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Have good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
What we offer :
• Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
• Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
• Access to the most interesting information technologies
• Flexible Working Hours
• Work from home
• Three days for charity/volunteering
• Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
• Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
• New and modern office, easy to access , spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment