Toptal is a global network of top freelance talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $100+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the world’s largest fully remote company.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun. We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is looking for a Director of Paid Media to join our Growth Marketing team. Reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, this person will own the Paid Media budget that will drive a significant impact on our company. Our ideal candidate will lead the execution of our Paid Media budget ensuring a return on investment efficiency and growth. Are you passionate about working closely with all parts of the growth team, not just Paid Media – e.g., Content Marketing, Analytics, SEO, and Growth Strategy – as well as design and engineering teams, to conceive and execute growth initiatives? If so, we encourage you to apply!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Ultimately, success in this role is client & talent acquisition via Paid Media traffic from the initiatives you will lead.
- Alongside the VP of Growth Marketing, fully own the Paid Media Budget from forecasting to execution.
- Perform analysis to determine the viability of new initiatives, including post-implementation success measurement on released initiatives.
- Build a successful partnership with all the teams that will be involved in each strategic project.
- Effectively use data and analytics to support strategic and tactical initiatives and the creation of project plans.
- Manage a team of Paid Growth specialists.
In The First Week, Expect To
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal – meet with the teams and people you will have working relationships with.
- Work closely with the VP of Growth Marketing to get a fundamental understanding of the teams, product, and business operations.
- Work closely with the Paid Media team to dive deep into our history, assets, roadmap, and unexplored opportunities that you will be able to lead.
- Independently start to study and learn the Toptal platform & product suite.
In The First Month, Expect To
- Review and become familiar with current Paid Media tactics.
- Take over Paid Media’s team management.
- Take ownership of Paid Media Budget.
In The First Three Months, Expect To
- Take our projects to the next level. Whatever we initially thought was going to be the best way to do things, you will reshape it. We expect you to challenge how we do things to make them better.
In The First Six Months, Expect To
- Be able to show significant progress – and ideally results of your budget deployments. We want you to be able to show our CEO how much you have achieved in six months.
In The First Year, Expect To
- Be a success story in the Growth team. You will be able to show concrete, bottom-line impact.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial & Systems Engineering, Econometrics, Data Science, or similar area.
- 10+ years of experience in Paid Media: you can talk us through a number of approaches and tools for Paid Media. Moreover, we want to hear your prior Paid Media success stories.
- Passion for Paid Growth: you love to read about Paid Media and growth hacking in general.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Obsession for Performance: Toptal is a hyper-growth company and you will be on the front lines.
- Analytical: You need to have great analytical skills, which means intermediate or advanced SQL and statistical knowledge.
- Autonomous: you will have support and direction, but you will also be able to know how to self-manage your own time, prioritizing the projects you have, and knowing when to seek clarity on what is most important or urgent.
- Curious: you are curious about how things work and why. You are not satisfied with a superficial knowledge of how something works, or why users take a certain action.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, and often rapidly changing, environment with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Experience working with designers. You know when to provide a tight brief versus when to give more creative space.
- A proven track record of running successful B2B campaigns.
- A strong ability to rapidly learn new skills and an interest in learning about a variety of topics related to startup growth, including landing page conversion optimization, viral loops, data science, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Eager to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems with no clear solutions.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
If interested, please apply at Director of Paid Media (linkedin)