EA Sports DevOps Engineer
The Systems Engineer team is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration, with dedication, and passion for technology.
You will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and deliver projects and achieve excellent results. You will work with large-scale systems, using a diversity of technologies. You will create new systems, maintain the existing ones, and you will contribute to automation in order to reduce manual tasks.
- Designs, tests and supports server infrastructure per the requirements and capacity demands of our server software.
- Directly supports game server environments, from development to production.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of the systems and applications.
- Performs OS configuration and hardening for security and reliability.
- Troubleshoots application, network, and operating system problems.
- Supports stress/load testing and systems evolutionary efforts.
- Designs and develops productivity-enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks.
- Maintains documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support.
- Supports an “always-on” gaming network infrastructure.
- Participates in an on-call rotation when needed to support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations.
- Evaluates and adopts third-party technologies that improve team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Works with a global team to implement best of breed technologies and provides support within a follow the sun model.
- Partners with Development and QA teams for implementation of new game features
- Partners with other operations teams, IT, and external hosting providers to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (especially CentOS/RedHat), including design, implementation, ongoing administration, and support of critical systems.
- Public cloud hosting (AWS, specifically) experience with services including EC2, EKS, RDS, S3, ElastiCache, Lambda, VPC Networking, IAM, Load Balancing.
- Infrastructure as Code experience (Terraform, Pulumi, Boto).
- Understanding of Linux containers and related workload scheduling technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Kustomize).
- Experience with systems operational metrics, logging and alerting tools (Prometheus, Splunk, ELK, Grafana).
- Understanding of Networking concepts like TCP/IP, Routing, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing, DNS, and VPN.
- Keen interest in DevOps methodologies (CALMS) and tools.
- Demonstrated expertise in OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers.
- Experience with at least one source control system; Perforce and Git experience a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD automation systems such as Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational databases and related applications.
- Understanding of documents or key/value store such as Redis, Memcached, DynamoDB, or MongoDB.
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
If interested, please apply at DevOps Engineer – EA Mobile [ea.com]