With our award-winning technology and trusted expertise, Grass Valley enables and empowers creators, broadcasters and media organizations to produce brilliant content that captivates audiences and connects people through the magic of media.
As the industry’s R&D powerhouse, we offer the widest and deepest range of best-in-class solutions in the industry. We are the trusted partner to many of the biggest and most creative names in the media and entertainment business as we help our customers to build successful media businesses and navigate the rapidly shifting mediascape.
Why Join Grass Valley?
As the world continues to evolve, Grass Valley is also transforming: Creating innovative breakthrough solutions to serve customers’ changing needs and realities. We are proud that for over 60 years, our innovations have enabled content creators, broadcasters and media organizations to produce rich, compelling content that brings the viewer even closer to the action; more engaged with the story and more connected to others.
Our people are creative, knowledgeable, passionate and dedicated, working together to deliver high quality solutions and services to customers all over the world. We are looking for our future ambassadors, technologists, thought leaders and innovators to continue this beautiful journey with us. This is your opportunity, join us!
For further information, please visit www.grassvalley.com.
This is an individual contributor role on a dynamic and growing team chartered with implementing DevOps for automation, deployment and continuous monitoring of Grass Valley’s SaaS offerings. We are seeking a junior level contributor with experience in infrastructure as code and automated deployments to provide guidance to Grass Valley as we accelerate our cloud/SaaS offerings.
- Automate deployments of Grass Valley’s SaaS offerings for both public and private cloud;
- Develop scripts to improve visualization of monitoring data to decrease troubleshooting and resolution time;
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Continuously monitor (along with other team members) Grass Valley’s production SaaS instances;
- Develop and test operational continuity scenarios in SaaS test and staging environments to improve operational robustness and develop recovery procedure;
- Work closely with Grass Valley software architects to collaborate on system improvements that impact and improve customer experience
What you Have to Offer
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering
- Self-starter with a strong initiative for success
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration (Windows administration experience is a plus)
- Strong experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, Chef or equivalent
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code tools such as AWS Cloudformation, Terraformor equivalent
- Strong experience deploying code to AWS, MS Azure or Google Cloud
- Good customer-facing skills
- Experience with scripting language such as Python, Perl and/or Ruby or equivalent
- Able and willing to work on weekends and night shifts
- Fresh graduates with DevOps/technical aptitude or background are welcomed to apply. Please attach your academic transcript to your application
- Grass Valley offers competitive compensation packages in an energizing and supportive work environment.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
- Grass Valley is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Interested in this opportunity? Apply at DevOps Engineer (indeed.com)