Development Technology and Services (DTS) powers EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment.
The Opportunity Ahead
The Development Director (DD) provides leadership to the Quality Verification team within Frostbite team.
You will manage other QA leaders and partner with Development Directors and Product Owners on the development team. A DD oversees the professional and career advancement of their direct reports. You will work with development teams and other studio teams to manage the end-to-end test effort of their product and mitigate risks along the way. DDs are the keepers of the QA project schedule and help move the QA team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on customer service and communication.
You will report to the Director of Engineering – Frostbite Engineering Services.
- Contribute to and embody EA and QA organizational strategies, instilling shared values and focus areas within their teams. Be a translator to highlight relevance and benefits to their reports
- Create productive working relationships with other discipline leaders within the studio to increase goal agreement and represent their team to studio leadership
- Implement process improvements: shapes project-wide processes across multiple projects
- Communicate within project and to external groups: adapts content and detail to match audience, collaborate outside of project team and share best practices, communicates to and on behalf of the team, speaks with impact
- Build teams by inspiring, motivating, and energizing: creates a structure, establish an organization that meets project goals, inspires the creation of the team culture
- Solid project management skills: work with others to establish project goals including scope, quality, and timeframe; create flexible project plan, including requirement definition, task definition, talent assignment, and capacity planning;
- Direct team and managers to completion, modifying project plans ; communicate project plan and progress to team and above
- Produce overall schedule for QA project, including interaction with external EA groups
- Manage project resources: Assess skills requirements for current project and next; recognize latent internal talent to develop into stretch roles
- Manage risk formally: solves root problems over multiple products; solve chronic problems by implementing corrective action plans; responsible for risk assessment and mitigation strategy
- Design test strategies using a variety of techniques and tools: selects the appropriate methods based on defined goals including cost, efficiency, and balancing available resources
- Emphasize quality results, not just task completion
- Provide options and make decisions around the balance between quality, time, and cost
- Pushes for efficiencies, helps establish quality goals, inspires the quality goal to completion
- Challenge and develop talent
- Minimum 3 years in a leadership position
- Identify and recruit essential talent based on staffing requirements; solid understanding of candidate hiring practices including interviewing techniques
- Familiarity with the software project lifecycle
About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
If interested, please apply at Development Director [ea.com]